Explosions

kjamma4

Re: Explosions

I personally do not use Hit Locations for any kind of Area of Effect attacks (at least most of the time; I might in very rare circumstances), even if I use them otherwise. Technically the rules say you do (and the rolled location is the one that takes the brunt of the damage). If I did use Hit Locations for Area of Effects, I would roll different locations for each affected target.

I personally do not use Hit Locations for any kind of Area of Effect attacks (at least most of the time; I might in very rare circumstances)' date=' even if I use them otherwise. Technically the rules say you do (and the rolled location is the one that takes [i']the brunt of[/i] the damage). If I did use Hit Locations for Area of Effects, I would roll different locations for each affected target.

Do you just roll the damage and roll for stun?

[We are playing a Star HERO game and have unarmored locations and armored locations. Further, the armored locations have different values and activation rolls.]

Do you just roll the damage and roll for stun?

[We are playing a Star HERO game and have unarmored locations and armored locations. Further, the armored locations have different values and activation rolls.]

I roll once for damage and once for Stun Multiple (if the damage is Killing). That might be a little hypocritical given the statement that I would roll seperately for each target's Hit Location if I used them for Area of Effect attacks, but there you go. :)

For Area of Effect attacks I use an averaged defense value (most of the time anyway). That is rather subjective, but as a good rule I use whatever covers the torso and vitals. If significant areas are completely uncovered, I use an Activation Roll based on coverage (roughly as depicted in 5ER's tables). If the armor were both sectional and had Activation Rolls...I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably just come up with some kind of composite Activation Roll, I suppose; based on probability or just gut feel.

I don't use Hit Locations for grenades and other Explosion/AoE attacks, but I also don't use section armor. What I generally do is assume the brunt of all attacks hits the Chest area (but only for purposes of determining STUNx). If I used sectional armor, I would probably roll for Hit Location as normal.