Help with a power construct

JmOz

I have a new player who wants to do a Gambit style character, Some of it is simple,

I am starting with an EB, with Explosion, Restainable (Some would say this is OIF, I prefer restrainable Potato vs Potato)

Now is the hard part, he wants to be able to charge an item, then when the item is droped it explodes, the delay is a problem...and I am sure I am missing something obviouse

As an aside, the problem I would have with a Gambit style character is that the character should logically have a Destroy Object power linked in there somewhere, because he could charge AFAIK any small object, destroying it in the process.

If he just sticks to cards its cool bcs that can just be the expression of his "Charges" limitation (rather than FOCI), but other items that might have some value are a different story.