Help! World of Edean Pantheon

Enforcer84

Re: Help! World of Edean Pantheon

Expanding on what Enforcer posted' date=' it's because his followers don't think of him as the god of Hubris and Paranoia. To them, he's the Nationalist and the Patriot. Personally I like this take. "I worship the god of Slaughter, Rape, and Slavery" is a red blinking Evil sign even by classical standards, but entire armies could worship the "Lord of Conquest" who just happens to embody the principles of Slaughter, Rape and Slavery, and could still see themselves as the good guys.[/quote']

Right, to the Chattel (worshippers) he's seen as the patron of patriots. To the other divine beings he's the crazy guy who accuses everyone of being "One of THEM!"

Right' date=' to the Chattel (worshippers) he's seen as the patron of patriots. To the other divine beings he's the crazy guy who accuses everyone of being "One of THEM!"[/quote']Ah, so he's the Pantheon's divine head of Counter-Intelligence :D

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean They aren't out to get you.

TB

I Barely touch on it in this thread but, due to their odd nature and the pact that they agreed to, the various gods do not openly war with eachother, though each diety has animosity towards his "twin" (to varying degrees). Their churches take it a bit further because they understand something of the truth. But to the citizens of Edean, there are only two or three Entities of Great Power who are "actively" evil. The others are depicted as anything from grim figures who do what must be done, to paragons of virtue. The "Evil" gods are all imprisoned. There are still relics of their time, even the Unimaginably Evil Gods before them have undiscovered temples, fortresses, etc. Two of the banished gods from the second generation still are worshipped in their tiny theocratic kingdoms. They keep well to themselves. It's convoluted. To be sure. I makes it up as I go I does.