Dispel Venom

Old Man

I have a player that wishes to have a Power that Dispels venom. I like the idea but was wondering about application of said power.

According to FREd, it would prevent the venom user from using the venom until they activated it again - possibly using up a charge(?)

What I was wondering was what about damage over time types of venom commonly found in the Beastiary. Would applying the Dispel to a character hit with the venom prevent further damage from that hit?

Just my opinion, but I've always used Dispel as the defacto "Cure Condition" power in the Fantasy HERO Environment.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking with the first question but... Dispel always burns up the charge of what it successfully Dispels. According to Steve, this applies to Fuel Charges as well.

As to your second question, yes it would prevent further damage. It would not heal the previously dealt damage -- which is why I feel it works well for Cure Condition.