LS: Extended Breathing

SCUBA Hero

Question

I'll lay out my understaning of the rules regarding Extended Breathing. Please let me know if my thinking is correct, or, if not, where I am in error:

A character holding his breath does not get any Recoveries, and must expend a minimum of 1 END per Phase FREd, p.285). Example: a character holding his breath and sitting still would expend 1 END/Phase, as would one running at non-combat speed (6"/Phase = 1 END, no extra cost for non-combat multiple).

A character with Self-Contained Breathing or the appropriate Expanded Breathing is not holding his breath, and Recovers normally.

Extended Breathing: A character with, for example two points in Extended Breathing (1 END/min, for example the Sperm Whale in HSB) Recovers normally, but looses 1 END/min that is not recoverable until it breathes again. That would make sense with a Sperm Whale able to hold its breath for nearly two hours: 70 END = 70 min plus 88 STUN / 3.5 (average of 1d6, using the optional 1 END = 1d6 STUN rule) = 27 min, for a total of 97 min.

Is this correct, or am I missing something? Thanks for your time.

1 answer to this question