Roll Your Own Hex Grid PDF

ghost-angel

Re: Roll Your Own Hex Grid PDF

For big battles, not in a flat area, I bought a huge amount of tiles for Hero Scape. They build into great scenery, especially with the bridge. It is not cheep but I found nothing better for the times when you need something like that.

We use figures for every battle no matter how big or small.

Okay, I've had the time to fiddle with things, and apparently hexmap1 isn't being read as any kind of image file. Same thing with 3 and 4. What's going on here? Is this just me that's downloading them like this?

Mantis, try emailing them to me and see if that works better (I'll send you an email so you'll have my address).

Mantis' date=' if you changed that file to a 2 color .gif your file size would really drop. Also then reducing the dpi before you print would kill the jaggies.[/quote']I realise that a .gif would be smaller, but Dust Raven wanted a BMP. Still, I may post a .gif as well for anyone else who wants one in that format.

DR, I'll despatch the email ASAP.

I realise that a .gif would be smaller, but Dust Raven wanted a BMP. Still, I may post a .gif as well for anyone else who wants one in that format.

DR, I'll despatch the email ASAP.

bmp works best for my purposes, though a jpg of the same dpi works just as well. I just need something I can use in paintshop. What would be really cool is something I can use as a texture tile, so I can just apply it to the background of any image regardless of size.

DustRaven' date=' you have mail.[/quote']

They look great! Thanks!

I'll see if I can create a tile out of them. The cool thing about making them tiles is that I can them set the size and rotation and apply it to the entire image regardless of size. Makes it very easy to deal with smaller or larger maps, or to adjust the scale of the map due to paper size.

The reason I suggested a gif is, because of the way it mathematically works. A jpg will always be a smaller size ( and lose image quality) for photographs with millions of colors. But if the color pallet is small and there are large areas of the same exact color then a gif will be much smaller than a jpg plus it has no quality loss!

web page

http://www.protectors.frih.net/index.html