Please post/share your ideas for Multiform Power Armor

proditor

Title pretty much says it all. Based on this thread: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44829

I've always been intruiged by the Multiform Armored guy, but I can't seem to get it to "work". So, if any of you kind sorts would be willing to post your sheets, you might help me understand a concept I've liked in principle, but never been able to apply properly. Heck, I couldn't even do it for my V&V conversions, I chickened out and made it a Multiform VPP of terrifying size and scope. So help me find some love for Multiform.

Re: Please post/share your ideas for Multiform Power Armor

Title pretty much says it all. Based on this thread: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44829

I've always been intruiged by the Multiform Armored guy, but I can't seem to get it to "work". So, if any of you kind sorts would be willing to post your sheets, you might help me understand a concept I've liked in principle, but never been able to apply properly. Heck, I couldn't even do it for my V&V conversions, I chickened out and made it a Multiform VPP of terrifying size and scope. So help me find some love for Multiform.

Gimme a chance to get HD v3 and I'll post a few things ;)

OK, first I'd set up the different systems with different Mutipowers.

If I had a space armor, it would have powers based on that use. Then just keep with that idea. To do it right I'd set each of them to be linked to different slots in a EC of Armor.

That help?

OK, first I'd set up the different systems with different Mutipowers.

If I had a space armor, it would have powers based on that use. The just keep with that idea. To do it right I'd set each with them to be linked to different slots in a EC of Armor.

That help?

Sorta? So you'd design a "minimum" suit and then build the changes into the other suits? That's the bit that keeps messing me up and seems more elegant in a VPP "suite" if you will.

And Sketchpad, thanks, that would rule. :D

I have to get around to getting version 3 myself. Bad proditor, no banana. :tsk:

The one time I did this, it was for a character I never played ... the idea was that the character's various armors were for the various sorts of law enforcement/rescue scenarios I could think of. 8 suits, IIRC:

1. Firefighting. Heatproof, Useable By Others FF only vs Heat and LS: Breathing and Heat, firefighting gear and that sort of thing. Even had a big axe. Freeze cannons, water cannons, and even some minor fire attacks for making breakfires.

2. Underwater rescue. Similar situations; Useable By Others Life Support for underwater, Swimming, torpedoes, electrified hull, ink shooter.

3. Aerial rescue. Tractor beams, missiles, etc.

4. Hazardous Materials/Terrain. The brick suit, high STR, clinging, resistant to chemicals and radiation (with UBO), etc.

5. Medical. Various Dispels vs poison/disease, Aids for healing and recovery, etc.

6. Pursuit. Siren blaster (sonic attack), lights, high-speed wheeled movement for high-speed chases.

I'm running blank on 7 and 8 right now, but that was the basics. The suits were teleported to her (anybody else remember The Centurions?), so I didn't have a changing limitation other than a focus.

I had played around with this concept as well for a new Champions campaign one of my FH players is starting up - it came down to either a Multiform Powersuit or a Metamorph & I went Metamorph. I don't have all the sheets for the Multiform with me on my laptop, but as I recall he had 5 Suits.

1) Mk. I "Vanguard" - Basic form, flexible for all basic needs, 20/20 armor, 60 pt. Multipower powered gauntlets w/ 2-3 EB's of various advantages, boosted STR, DEX, CON & SPD, 10" flight & paid the Multiform cost for the other 4 suits. Had Safe Env: Vacuum & Zero G so it could be used in space, too if needed.

2) Mk. II "Phoenix" - Extra ED/rED, only vs. Fire/ Heat powers, CO2 projector (Suppress Fire), Safe Environment: Intense Heat, etc.

3) Mk. III "Wendigo" - Extra ED/rED, only vs. Ice/ Cold powers, Plasma Cutting Torch - Compound power RKA + more RKA vs. Ice, Safe Env: Intense Cold & Env. Movement: Ice (small retractable pitons built on bottom of boots)

4) Mk. IV "Leviathan" - Either changed Flight to Swimming or added Useable Underwater to Flight - can't remember. LS: High Pressure. EB FX changed from "Energy" blasts to "Sonic" bursts.

5) Mk. V "Titan" - 30/30 Armor, higher STR/CON boost, less DEX boost, no SPD boost (made him 4, I think.) Safe in Radiation. Suit too heavy to sustain "Flight", so Jet Boots functioned as extra "Leap." Heavy Duty suit good to have in case team Brick couldn't make a session. ;)

When I get back home I'll post the sheets if I still have them.