[Campaign] Milwaukee Masks

AdamLeisemann

Hi. I'm starting up a campaign on Hero Central called "Milwaukee Masks" (I couldn't think of a better name) and here's a description of it:

Tone: Milwaukee Masks is mostly a combination of Silver and Bronze Ages. Some adventures are just for laughs while most of them are typical action fare and hopefully, some are good and dramatic.

Morality: A blend of "Black and White" and "Shades of Grey." Oftentimes, the bad guys are clearly the bad guys, while some "villains" have understandable or even noble motivations and are merely misguided. Some victories are complete while some have great compromises. In fact, the Authories can be good, bad, and anything at all.

PC Importance: The PCs are fairly standard superheroes. Milwaukee is a big city and some superhero teams protect only portions of the city, which is important if the members of such a team are to preserve their sanity. You won't get Doc Destroyer right away, so don't worry about that.

Power Sources: Any power source is available with proper justification. I'm offering a lot of wiggle-room here.

Connection to the Champions Universe: Not much. I will use characters from the Champions Universe, but not everything in that universe is going to be in this game.

PC Guidelines: Read page 126 of Champions. The characters are Standard Superheroes.

So, anything else you guys want to know? Anyone interested?

Re: [Campaign] Milwaukee Masks

Are the "Masks" a new team or have been around a while in the campaign world?

Initially, I picked out Masks as an alliterative term. Peter Parker, Doctor Doom, Milwaukee Masks. But having discussed it with my brother, we figured that the masks would be a loosely affiliated organization in Milwaukee; a large sanctioned superteam with the following perks for free:

• A base, providing for all one's research needs as well as a place for any heroes who need a place to stay. This base is found in the middle of Milwaukee and is shared by most of the Madison Masks. It's basically Homestead from Champions. Vehicles included. (pay over time. If you bring your own vehicle, then you don't need to worry about buying one from the group.)
  • The ability to call for a backup hero during times of dire need. Don't call if facing Bulldozer or Foxbat. Save it for when you really need backup like Doctor Destroyer or Takofanes.
  • Local Police Powers (2 points; pay over time.)
  • Group Communicators. (High range Radio Percetion, OIF, 8 points, pay over time)

And now for the drawback of being a Milwaukee Mask.

• Hunted: Enemies of the Milwaukee Masks, 8-, as powerful, harshly punish (10 points, acquired over time)

The group is partially backed by the local government, and partly backed privately.

The players are totally new members who managed to get in somehow, but: Easy in, Easy out. If you somehow prove incompetent, you lose all the perks.

Re: [Campaign] Milwaukee Masks

Our working theory at this point is that they're willing to take just about any seemingly competent super in the area; the perks aren't *that* huge, and they're also willing to eject members who don't work out (whether by abusing their Sanction or just being imcompetent).