Early Pulp Classics

Kharis2000

For a look at materials dating back to the age of the pulps and a bit later, either for reading pleasure of idea mining, take a look at:

http://durendal.org:8080/books.html

Durendal has a large collection of public domain works (cleared by Project Gurenberg) that includes a growing set of the original Tom Swift series from 1910 through the mid 1930's, updated as the works come into public domain.

Other highlights are some early sci-fi by writers like E.E. 'Doc' Smith, John W. Campbell, and more.

They have a minimum of page images for all of the works they archive, and provide links to Project Gutenberg e-texts and the few items still in print where available. The Tom Swift series is a standout, in that it has page scans, HTML text, ASCII text, PG HTNL text, zlib cspotrun Palm doc, Rocket ebook, and iSilo 2.0 formats for the texts that they have.

Take a look - the early Tom Swift novels pretty much have an entire adventure contained in just their titles alone: Tom Swift and His Magnetic Silencer, Tom Swift and His Sky Train, Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle, etc.

Re: Early Pulp Classics

The older Tom Swift books have always held a special place for me since my father's copy of 'Tom Swift And His Sky Train' was the first 'pulp' work that I read as a child - in some ways, that experience is to blame for my fascination with it still.

On another note, I did not know that about the TASER acronym - very cool indeed! :)