Super Smell

Re: Super Smell

you can either do telescopic, megascale, or just a REALLY high perception roll just for you smell group. there are also some funky ways of doing it, like clairsentience...

(you should probably have targeting and discrimitory, and depending on how good it really is, then analyze too)

edit: if you only want to to work on blood (perhaps a vampire ot werewolf-esque guy?) then you can just buy them with the limitation "only for smelling blood"

So I am making a charater whom I want to be able to smell blood over miles and miles. sort of like a hyena does' date=' how would I go about doing that? megascale? I don't think so.[/quote']

50 points worth of telescopic should work fine. Suggest applying Concentration and Extra Time to bring the price down, unless you expect your character to use this in combat.

I've got a few characters with an enhanced sniffer.

If you haven't taken them already, I'd suggest +X Enhanced Perception, Tracking and Discriminatory for Normal Smell. Microscopic may also be advisable, so that you can pick up fine trace scents.

To handle the range you want to be effective at, Telescopic +24 for Normal Smell will let you smell something a mile away just as easily as if it was right under your nose (ie at no range penalty at all). However, if you have a decent perception roll, you could get away with signifigantly less Telescopic. You will just start to suffer range penalties earlier.

Alternatly, if the only thing this works with is blood, you may just want to make a Detect Spilled Blood based on the Smell/Taste group and go from there.