Weapons from Brotherhood of the Wolf

Melchior777

O.k., so I just finished watching Brotherhood of the Wolf. I'm not making any statements about the movie itself, the acting, the plot, anything. (I'm not saying I didn't like it. It's just not the point of this post and I want to make that clear.)

In the final fight sequence the two characters use extremely exotic weapons. The main good guy uses paired short swords with complex guard that allows him to easily spin the sword as he is striking. The main bad guy uses a broad sword which can extend on a chain that traverses the interior length of the blade. I was wondering does anyone know if: A) These were based off of factual weaponry. ( I have a feeling that the spinning short swords were probably around, but the extending chain sword is a bit of a stretch. ) B) What the actual name of such weapons are. C) Where I could find information on such weapons, if they do exist. D) How would they convert to Hero?

Ok, I agree with you on the broadsword.

However, I just watched BotW again and paused the movie during the fight sequence. The two short swords have a post extending vertically from the cross guard. These are toped with a circular piece of fluted metal. He's not just spinning them between his fingers. There is some kind of grip there.

Originally posted by Melchior777

Ok, I agree with you on the broadsword.

However, I just watched BotW again and paused the movie during the fight sequence. The two short swords have a post extending vertically from the cross guard. These are toped with a circular piece of fluted metal. He's not just spinning them between his fingers. There is some kind of grip there.

I really think that this was intended to be a "kewl" ability, rather than some special weapon. The fact that you could make out how they performed the special effect is just a discredit to their sfx people.