disvadvantage build

steph

one of my character are a a mutant with a sweat probleme is body produce a lot of water and he have to drink a lot...........but he cannot support intense heat..........if he is in contact with intense heat he not take damage but all is roll get -5 and he cannot get focus etc etc...is this a physical limatation? how you build this

english not my first language

steph

Re: disvadvantage build

Offhand I'd say susceptability. The damage is only one possibility of what could happen when exposed to that which you are susceptable; you can substitute 10 Active points of any power per die of "damage" like say Negative Skill levels...

Each has advantages, the simplicity of Ghost-Angel's solution is very nice very smooth, you don't have to spend a lot of time on it and if you are going for a "rules light" approach that is definitely the better option. Elegant really.

Mine has advantages if you want to simulate progressive worsening of the situation, because for each time interval in contact with the heat source they will get progressively worse. However it will take your making some choices about what you want it to be, so it is more bookkeeping and more planning, but pays off if you like that level of detail.

For 10 points for example, you could have the Negative Skill Level -1 effect with a per turn interval (i'm guessing that the condition would count as "uncommon"). Thus First Turn -1, second turn -2 third turn -3 etc.

Again for 10 points, you could have a -2 Negative Skill Level effect/ minute of exposure, so the first minute is -2, second minute of exposure is -4 etc.

So each has its advantages, depends on what you need and your style. As a GM, I'd figure what the player is capable of handling. Some players like the simpler route, some don't.

Lets not forget the Distinctive Feature:Sweaty Body (Concealable, Causes Major reaction) for 15 points. Concealable with constant use of anti-perspirant and a lot of paper towel drying and Major reaction because.....eeewwwwwww....sweaty guy.