My Son What's To Play

Dust Raven

Re: My Son What's To Play

A bit of advice when plotting games for kids. Make the adventures grown up, not juvenile. It has been my experience that kids want to play the superhero, not the sidekick or a kid with powers.

Anyone remember the old "Superfriends" cartoon, in which they insisted on centering the plot around the dorky kids and the dog? The Justice Leaguers were almost an afterthought as far as plot, dialogue and action were concerned.

Most kids want to be Green Lantern or Ben Grimm and make their own decisions, not Kid Flash or Robin and follow the orders of their elders. They have to do that in RL anyway.:D

HOWEVER: A teen champions (Ala Teen Titans) game can work well, where it is a team of kids, they can assosiate better with the characters and don't have adult's overlooking

Re: My Son What's To Play

A bit of advice when plotting games for kids. Make the adventures grown up, not juvenile. It has been my experience that kids want to play the superhero, not the sidekick or a kid with powers.

Anyone remember the old "Superfriends" cartoon, in which they insisted on centering the plot around the dorky kids and the dog? The Justice Leaguers were almost an afterthought as far as plot, dialogue and action were concerned.

Most kids want to be Green Lantern or Ben Grimm and make their own decisions, not Kid Flash or Robin and follow the orders of their elders. They have to do that in RL anyway.:D

Absolutely. Even in real life, my son plays second fiddle to no one. It's a hastle at the movies sometimes though, but I love him just the same.