Random character "how to" thread for those with nothing better to do.

Yamo

Saw this short character description on the RPG.net forums:

Null - can become "mutually non-existent" to selected people or things, i.e., they cannot sense or touch her, but she can't sense or touch them either.

How would you guys write this one up?

Guest WhammeWhamme

Okay...

Variable Power Pool: mutual non-existance powers

Only Option: Desolid, hurtable by people not specified, only vs people specified... +Invisibility (ALL SENSES), only vs specified individuals/can't perceive specified individuals

I'd say the mods are +-0, so....

200 Power Pool

100 Control Cost, Cosmic, Limited to power described above only(-2)

Note: This allots enough pts for the 0 END Persistent Advantage too...

Pricy, but simple. :)

Originally posted by WhammeWhamme

Okay...

Variable Power Pool: mutual non-existance powers

Only Option: Desolid, hurtable by people not specified, only vs people specified... +Invisibility (ALL SENSES), only vs specified individuals/can't perceive specified individuals

I'd say the mods are +-0, so....

200 Power Pool

100 Control Cost, Cosmic, Limited to power described above only(-2)

Note: This allots enough pts for the 0 END Persistent Advantage too...

Pricy, but simple. :)

I agree with everything WhammeWhamme recommends as far as Powers and Modifier value, but I'd drop the Power Pool as you're really only defining one compound Power; the ability to choose the individuals to whom you're nonexistent is part of how that Power is defined, and IMO balanced by the nonexitence of those people to you.

Another approach would be to use Extra-Dimensional Movement, Usable on Others as an Attack, to move yourself and others to a "dimension" where they can't perceive you and you can't perceive them.

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by Lord Liaden

I agree with everything WhammeWhamme recommends as far as Powers and Modifier value, but I'd drop the Power Pool as you're really only defining one compound Power; the ability to choose the individuals to whom you're nonexistent is part of how that Power is defined, and IMO balanced by the nonexitence of those people to you.

Another approach would be to use Extra-Dimensional Movement, Usable on Others as an Attack, to move yourself and others to a "dimension" where they can't perceive you and you can't perceive them.

The ability to choose is part of the power, yes, but not part of desolid. To get the ability to redefine it, you need a new power. That was my logic anyway.