Transform & Dispel

Ndreare

Question

Since transform is an attack power that heals back would it not be more appropriate to have to use healing to reverse the damage.

Dispelling Transforms seems akin to Dispelling HKA. (Unless it was a situational transform.)

P.S.: If this is an inappropriate question just say so I will get over it and repost on HERO System.

1 answer to this question

It's entirely possible to define "healing" (either normally or via said Power) as the condition for reversion on a Transform; several published powers built with Transforms do so.

The question of whether a Dispel will "reverse" an accomplished Transform is another one entirely, one the recent question on the subject didn't touch on directly so I didn't go into it -- so I'm glad you raised the issue specifically. In some cases, such as magic spells, the GM might very well allow a Dispel to reverse a Transform's effects. In others, the situation is analogous to an Entangle -- once accomplished, the Transform couldn't be Dispelled, because it's already taken place. It's up to the GM to decided based on special effects, common sense, dramatic sense, and considerations of game balance.