CHAR: Silk (Spiderman homage without the spider motif)

MisterD

Here is my homage to Spiderman.

THing is I tried to do it without the Spider Motif.

Silk

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift 1600.0kg; 6d6 [3]

30 DEX 60 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

20 CON 20 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

12 COM 1 11-

8+10 PD 2 Total: 8/18 PD (0/10 rPD)

5+5 ED 1 Total: 5/10 ED (0/5 rED)

6 SPD 20 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 0

40 END 0

35 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 145

Movement: Running: 6"/16"/24"/64"

Leaping: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Swinging: 8"/32"

Cost Powers END

50 Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-½)

4m 1) Silky Smooth: Change Environment 8" radius, -5 Characteristic Roll and all Skill Rolls based on Characteristic, Personal Immunity (+¼) (45 Active Points); Limited Power (Only vs targets touching the ground Power loses about a third of its effectiveness; -½), Restrainable (-½), Limited Range (-¼) 4

Notes: Silk covers the ground in a mass of slippery silk. He is imune to this and walk across it with ease.

3m 2) Ball of Silk: Energy Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Restrainable (-½), Range Based On Strength (-¼) 3

Notes: Silk can create a small, dence ball of silk and throw it with enough force and accuracy to do some damage.

7m 3) Silk Bonds: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (50 Active Points); Restrainable (-½) 5

Notes: Silk can shoot out strands of silk to bind a target.

2m 4) Running +10" (6"/16" total), x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); Limited Power : Sliding Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-½), Restrainable (-½) 2

Notes: Silk can cover his feet in smooth silk and slide along the ground with greater speed. He looses 2" when sliding Up a 45 degree or more slope.

2m 5) Silk Swinging: Swinging 8", x4 Noncombat (13 Active Points); Restrainable (-½) 1

Notes: Silk can use the silk strands he creates to swing from place to place.

10 Stickey Silk: Clinging (normal STR)

Notes: Silk can coat his hands and feet with a sticky silk strong enough to support his weat when climbing sheer walls and surfaces.

12 Enhanced Reflexes: Danger Sense (self only, in combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 12-

Notes: With enhanced reflexes and periferal vision and hearing, Silk is able to react to surprise attacks. Being a self preservation reflex action he can not make attacks against the source of the danger like a normal danger sense.

15 Protective Costume: Armor (10 PD/5 ED) (23 Active Points); OIF (-½)

Notes: Silk's costume has some padding and microfiliment chain giving his some protection

Kung Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Block +1 +3 Block, Abort

4 Punch +0 +2 8d6 Strike

5 Kick -2 +1 10d6 Strike

3 Throw +0 +1 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls

4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 40 STR to Disarm roll

3 Legsweep +2 -1 7d6 Strike, Target Falls

3 Joint Lock/Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on

Skills

Physical Training

20 1) Enhanced Reflexes: +4 with HTH Combat

20 2) Enhanced Reflexes: +4 with DCV

10 3) Enhanced Reflexes: Defense Maneuver I-IV

5 4) Acrobatics 16-

3 5) Breakfall 15-

3 6) Contortionist 15-

3 7) Kung Fu: KS 12-

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) Home Town: AK 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

3 4) Concealment 12-

3 5) Conversation 13-

3 6) Deduction 12-

0 7) Native Language: Language: English (idiomatic; literate)

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 9) PS: Instructor 8-

0 10) Shadowing 8-

0 11) Stealth 8-

0 12) TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 205

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

10 Dependent NPC: Friends and Family 8- (Normal)

15 Hunted: Rogues Gallery 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hreoes code of conduct (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Reluctant to Kill (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Thrill Seeker (Common, Strong)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Other martial artist type heroes), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

60 Custom Disadvantage

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Bobby was your normal kid growing up. Went to school, had friends, played sports, studied martial arts after school.

Fast forward a few years. Bobby is in high school and kept at the martial arts.

The instructor noticced that Bobby was using less and lees effort in a sparring match and was keeping up with an opponent one level above him.

The instructor had another then another opponent fight Bobby till it was three vs one and Bobby was back to putting 110% effort to defend himself.

Not being one to give up. Bobby kept going at it, looking for any opening or advantage. Then surprising his instructor, his opponents and himself, he made one.SLippery strands were pouring from his hands and coating the matt. His oppoents were flopping around, trying to regain their footing and Bobby was walking on the coating as if it was not there

The teacher, along with Bobby's parents contacted a hero group and had then take Bobby under their wing. They hoped to give him someone to help in the use of his newly discovered powers and to keep him on the right path (No desire to see Robert turn either Selfish or villainous with the discovery of super powers.)

Personality/Motivation: Bobby likes his new abilities. He would have been happy just with the added speed and agility. But the ability to produce silk and all the uses he has developed for it. Even as a young man he feels they are way cool.

His parents, teachers and the heroes who helped train him has developed a civic mind and desire to help when and where he can in Bobby

Quote: "Stop calling me spiderman."

"With great powers come great responcibility. Hey. I might not be Spiderman but his moto is sound."

Appearance: Out of costume he is your normal looking guy. Nothing really draws your attention to him.

In costume he wears a martial arts outfit with a mask coverint his face with a blond wig sewn in (Image is on my website)

Character has been redone since posted to my site.

Re: CHAR: Silk (Spiderman homage without the spider motif)

Here is my homage to Spiderman.

THing is I tried to do it without the Spider Motif.

Silk

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

35 STR 25 16- Lift 3200.0kg; 7d6 [3]

20 CON 20 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

12 COM 1 11-

He's going to be very vulnerable to PRE attacks with a 15 PRE and 11 EGO.

9+10 PD 2 Total: 9/19 PD (0/10 rPD)

5 SPD 10 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

11 REC 0

40 END 0

38 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 129

Pretty low defenses overall. A hit from a typical 9d6 Energy attack or 12d6 physical attack will Stun him. That may be the intent if he has the DCV to back it up.

Cost Powers END

37 Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-½), OIF (Physical Manifestation; -½)

Restrainable and Physical Manifestation (which I recall is -1/4, but I could be mistaken) in tandem seems like double dipping to me. If he's restrained, the power doesn't work at all, so the fact it also has a physical manifestation has little impact. Also, IIRC, a Physical Manifestation is intended for ongoing powers, and doesn't apply to energy blasts and entangles as a result.

2u 1) Silky Smooth: Change Environment 8" radius, -5 Characteristic Roll and all Skill Rolls based on Characteristic, Personal Immunity (+¼) (45 Active Points); Limited Power (Only vs targets touching the ground Power loses about a third of its effectiveness; -½), Restrainable (-½), OIF (Physical Manifestation; -½), Limited Range (-¼) 4

Notes: Silk covers the ground in a mass of slippery silk. He is imune to this and walk across it with ease.

2u 2) Ball of Silk: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); Restrainable (-½), OIF (Physical Manifestation; -½), Range Based On Strength (-¼) 4

Notes: Silk can create a small, dence ball of silk and throw it with enough force and accuracy to do some damage.

Some GM's may have an issue with the fact he can throw the ball for more damage than he can inflict with his STR.

3u 3) Silk Bonds: Entangle 5d6, 7 DEF (60 Active Points); Restrainable (-½), OIF (Physical Manifestation; -½), Cannot Form Barriers (-¼) 6

Why can't he form barriers of silk?

1u 4) Running +10" (6"/16" total), x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); Limited Power : Sliding Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-½), Restrainable (-½), OIF (Physical Manifestation; -½) 2

Notes: Silk can cover his feet in smooth silk and slide along the ground with greater speed. He looses 2" when sliding Up a 45 degree or more slope.

1u 5) Silk Swinging: Swinging 8", x4 Noncombat (13 Active Points); Restrainable (-½), OIF (Physical Manifestation; -½) 1

Overall, I wonder whether the MP is efficient with its wide array of AP totals. You might consider boosting the AP of some of the attack powers, but making them Standard slots so you can reduce them when you also want to use the movement powers.

10 Stickey Silk: Clinging (normal STR)

Notes: Silk can coat his hands and feet with a sticky silk strong enough to support his weat when climbing sheer walls and surfaces.

Should this have a Physicial Manifestation?

20 Enhanced Reflexes: Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, in combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 15-

Notes: With enhanced reflexes and periferal vision and hearing, Silk is able to react to surprise attacks. Being a self preservation reflex action he can not make attacks against the source of the danger like a normal danger sense.

16 Enhanced Reflexers: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Limited Power: Only to attack Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-¼)

Notes: Can only attack on phase 2 and 4. Can not switch slots in MP or initiate a movement power.

I'd make the limited phases 2 and 7. That leaves normal phases on 4,6,9,11,12 as opposed to 5's usual 3,5,8,10,12. Mind you, I also think he'll spend a lot of END with this added SPD. I'd either go the full stretch and have a 7 SPD or ditch the bonus speed entirely. Could compromise with a 6 SPD unlimited as well.

Notes: Silk's costume has some padding and microfiliment chain giving his some protection

Kung Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Punch +0 +2 9d6 Strike

5 Kick -2 +1 11d6 Strike

3 Throw +0 +1 7d6 +v/5, Target Falls

4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 45 STR to Disarm roll

3 Legsweep +2 -1 8d6 Strike, Target Falls

3 Joint Lock/Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 45 STR for holding on

Talents

5 Enhanced Reflexes: Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions

I'd buy just about anything else. For 6 points (after SPD rebate) you could have +3 DEX overall.

Skills

Physical Training

THERE's that extra DCV - the defenses make sense now.

7 4) Acrobatics 17-

7 5) Breakfall 17-

3 6) Contortionist 15-

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

3 4) Concealment 12-

3 5) Conversation 12-

3 6) Deduction 12-

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 10) Shadowing 8-

0 11) Stealth 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 218

Total Cost: 347

200+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: Rouges Gallery 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

[PET PEEVE] Why not a mascaras gallery to be creative? or did you mean, perhaps, to say Rogues (as in miscreants) rather than rouges (as in makeup or French for red)? [/PET PEEVE]

5 Rivalry: Professional (Other martial artist type heroes), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

60 Custom Disadvantage

Total Disadvantage Points: 347

That doesn't actually add up. Your total disads are 150. Big deal - 3 points to spend.

Background/History: Bobby was your normal kid growing up. Went to school, had friends, played sports, studied martial arts after school.

Fast forward a few years. Bobby is in high school and kept at the martial arts.

The instructor noticced that Bobby was using less and lees effort in a sparring match and was keeping up with an opponent one level above him.

The instructor had another then another opponent fight Bobby till it was three vs one and Bobby was back to putting 110% effort to defend himself.

Not being one to give up. Bobby kept going at it, looking for any opening or advantage. Then surprising his instructor, his opponents and himself, he made one.SLippery strands were pouring from his hands and coating the matt. His oppoents were flopping around, trying to regain their footing and Bobby was walking on the coating as if it was not there

The teacher, along with Bobby's parents contacted a hero group and had then take Bobby under their wing. They hoped to give him someone to help in the use of his newly discovered powers and to keep him on the right path (No desire to see Robert turn either Selfish or villainous with the discovery of super powers.)

Personality/Motivation: Bobby likes his new abilities. He would have been happy just with the added speed and agility. But the ability to produce silk and all the uses he has developed for it. Even as a young man he feels they are way cool.

His parents, teachers and the heroes who helped train him has developed a civic mind and desire to help when and where he can in Bobby

Quote: "Stop calling me spiderman."

"With great powers come great responcibility. Hey. I might not be Spiderman but his moto is sound."

Appearance: Out of costume he is your normal looking guy. Nothing really draws your attention to him.

In costume he wears a martial arts outfit with a mask coverint his face with a blond wig sewn in (Image is on my website)

Character has been redone since posted to my site.

I will look into redoing the character with your suggestions.

The manifestation is that The threads can be targeted. If it is still double dipping I will drop it.

Main Defence is trying NOT to get hit.

And about the silk coming out of his hands.

In spider man. Peter can shoot webs from his wrists while real spiders shoot webs from there .....

I will look into redoing the character with your suggestions.

The manifestation is that The threads can be targeted. If it is still double dipping I will drop it.

Looking it up, Physical manifestation is a -1/4 limitation. All examples are of a constant power (flight, TK, skating along an ice slide). It seems a strange limitation to apply to an attack, or other instant power. However, I suppose one could interpret it to mean someone else can shoot the attack out of the air before it hits, which is separate and apart from Restrainable. I'd discuss it with your GM - it's a judgement call and could go either way.

Main Defence is trying NOT to get hit.

Yeah, the DCV levels did it for me. In fact, the ability to push his DCV up to a 14 (18 in HTH; 20 with defensive Strike) might be excessive. Again, a matter for discussion with your GM.

And about the silk coming out of his hands.

In spider man. Peter can shoot webs from his wrists while real spiders shoot webs from there .....

Whoever decided to approve the elimination of the mechanical web shooters for the movie should be flogged. :mad:

50 Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-½)

4m 1) Silky Smooth: Change Environment 8" radius, -5 Characteristic Roll and all Skill Rolls based on Characteristic, Personal Immunity (+¼) (45 Active Points); Limited Power (Only vs targets touching the ground Power loses about a third of its effectiveness; -½), Restrainable (-½), Limited Range (-¼) 4

3m 2) Ball of Silk: Energy Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Restrainable (-½), Range Based On Strength (-¼) 3

2m 4) Running +10" (6"/16" total), x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); Limited Power : Sliding Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-½), Restrainable (-½) 2

2m 5) Silk Swinging: Swinging 8", x4 Noncombat (13 Active Points); Restrainable (-½) 1

There's a couple of minor things that still bug me. The MP does from an efficiency perspective - when will you use the entire 75 point reserve? I guess the Running + 1 attack. I'd be inclined to boost the maximum of the first three slots (either now or with xp - it won't cost a lot so it will be easy to boost with XP) to get them get closer to the AP of the Multipower. A 6d6 EB is unlikely to have significant effect if your MA attacks are not overpowered. I'd leave the running and swinging at their current levels, though maybe reduce the running's END cost as well.

As written, the character can use his Clinging and his Running at the same time. That makes no sense, and may imply there should be a limitation on his Clinging.

Finally, I would suggest you do an "END check". In a typical combat, what will his actions generally be, and how much END will he spend on an average phase? Given that, and his REC and END, can he keep going for the time frame you want? If not, maybe some of the MP enhancement could go to reducing END on those powers you expect to use a lot.

Also, keep in mind that one solid hit likely cleans his clock, so he may recover from a KO with minimal END. What would his tactics be in that situation?

Hugh.

Any suggestions on what to do with MP and keep character at 350 points?

Lower MP base?

As for Clinging and running. Acording to rules they can be used together. But SFX wise.

THe running is based on sliding with near frictionless silk covered shoes and the clinging is using silk covering his hands and feet that he can control the adhesion of. 2 powers that are the opposite of eachother and thus will never be used together.

Hugh.

Any suggestions on what to do with MP and keep character at 350 points?

Lower MP base?

That's an approach you could take as none of the individual powers come close to the 75 base. You could leave it as is and just buy the slot costs up with xp as well. It looks like you have the abilities you want at this point, and a bit of playing experience will show you which powers you'd most like to increase.

As for Clinging and running. Acording to rules they can be used together. But SFX wise.

THe running is based on sliding with near frictionless silk covered shoes and the clinging is using silk covering his hands and feet that he can control the adhesion of. 2 powers that are the opposite of eachother and thus will never be used together.

Exactly as you say - by the book they can be used together and by the SFX they cannot. As the by the book cost is unlimited and your power is limited, I'd allow a limitation on the Clinging ("not while using bonus running"). I'd probably set that at -1/2. As well, the Clinging could also be a Multipower slot, like Running and Swinging. I'd make it a fixed slot, since it's all or nothing.

I want to thank all the herophiles for helping me with SILK.

(Question what is REP? I don't post for a few years and when I do...)

Well Here is SILK

Silk

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift 1600.0kg; 6d6 [3]

20 CON 20 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

14 COM 2 12-

8+10 PD 2 Total: 8/18 PD (0/10 rPD)

6 SPD 20 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

15 REC 10

40 END 0

37 STUN 2 Total Characteristic Cost: 158

Movement: Running: 6"/16"/24"/64"

Leaping: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Swinging: 8"/32"

Cost Powers END

43 Multipower, 65-point reserve, (65 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-½)

2m 4) Silk covered boots: Running +10" (6"/16" total), x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); Limited Power : Sliding Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-½), Restrainable (-½) 2

1u 6) Stickey Silk: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Restrainable (-½), Not usable with silk covered boots (-¼)

15 Enhanced Reflexes: Danger Sense (self only, in combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 15-

Kung Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Punch +0 +2 8d6 Strike

5 Kick -2 +1 10d6 Strike

3 Throw +0 +1 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls

4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 40 STR to Disarm roll

3 Legsweep +2 -1 7d6 Strike, Target Falls

3 Joint Lock/Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on

Skills

Physical Training

5 4) Acrobatics 16-

3 5) Breakfall 15-

3 6) Contortionist 15-

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

3 4) Concealment 12-

3 5) Conversation 13-

3 6) Deduction 12-

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 10) Shadowing 8-

0 11) Stealth 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 192

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: Rogues Gallery 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

60 Custom Disadvantage

Total Disadvantage Points: 350