AARGH! How do I build this power without exceeding active point caps?

Vestnik

Re: AARGH! How do I build this power without exceeding active point caps?

This would work' date=' but then it's only a 4 BODY attack (albeit NND Body) against inanimate objects. NND and Does Body are both +1 Advatanges, so in a 60 Max Active campaign, your only working with a 4 dice EB.[/quote']

Not everything can be shoehorned into a 60AP limit, and still be as effective as one would want. :rolleyes::) Some things, often depending upon complexity, just won't translate.

But of the ways I've read so far, I like the Limited Does Body for the NND. If you limit yourself to sending Summoned creatures back, I believe you could use a Dispel in place of the EDM + UAA.

Re: AARGH! How do I build this power without exceeding active point caps?

A zat gun? That doesn't seem too difficult. I'll give you one of my half-write ups so you can see where I'm coming from.

Multipower, Real Weapon, Energy Weapon (Charges), OAF (Universal Focus) (etc.)

Xu) 12d6 EB, NND (Defense is Force Field or appropriate insulation)

Xu) 6d6 RKA, NND (Defense is not having been hit with first shot, or force field), Does BODY, Trigger (Trigger is having been hit with first shot; second shot as a killing attack is an affect that automatically occurs, cannot be changed, resets automatically); Must have been affected by first shot (-1/2), only within one minute of first shot (-1/4)

Xu) 10d6 Transform, NND (Defense is not having been hit with second shot, or force field), Trigger (Trigger is having been hit with second shot; third shot as Disintegration is an effect that automatically occus, cannot be changed, resets automatically); Must have been affected by second shot (-1/2), only within one minute of second shot (-1/4).

That third slot is a monster! At least 300 Active Points (I don't know the value of the Trigger)! :eek:

Was there any particular reason for using Transform instead of a Ranged Drain Body?