Suggestions: Ninja illusions

Elysea

Image: Sight and Hearing groups: 15 pts.

Megascale (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) [image is instantly disspelled by any magic attack or wind attack].

15 x 1.75 = 26pts Active Cost

No Range (-1/2), 3 Charges (-1 1/4) [magic ninja smoke bombs!]

26 / 2.75 = 9pts.

If your using magic smoke bombs you could probably also use focus if you wanted. You could also get set effect if it can only make self duplicates.

Don't forget to buy the user's INT good and high, since an INT roll is required to precisely copy something.

That must be the cheapest way to do it, as long as the GM approves the megascaling.

I could be wrong, but does Continuous have any application to Summon? I thought that once Summoned, the creature (phantom ninja, whatever), hung around until dispelled or killed. Perhaps the phantom ninja has a Physical Limitation that it "dies" after 5 minutes - that seems better than making the real ninja buy Dispel.

Sorry if I've got this wrong, though.

I would go with Summon, as it has a better feel than Images for this power, although Images would be OK too.

I think the Summon could actually be pretty cheap. The phantom has very low Characteristics (negligible STR, CON, BODY and STUN, low INT), permanent Desolidification (affected by magic) and maybe a few skills such as Stealth. You might need to consider how Mental Powers affect the phantom, though.

Originally posted by Elysea

Continuous converts an Instant power to a Constant power. Images is already Constant, so there's no need for the Continuous advantage.

But yeah, the Megascaling is good for increased movement range. Uncontrolled is the advantage you're probably thinking of in place of Continuous. Quoting 5e:

"A Constant Power with this Advantage can maintain itself without conscious thought from its user."

"Once a character has set up an Uncontrolled Power, he's not restricted in any way." My ninja could lose LOS with the phantom ninja without the phantom disappearing; he could even get Stunned or Knocked Out and the phantom would keep going.

Sooo.....

Image: Sight and Hearing groups: 15 pts.

Megascale (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2) [image is instantly disspelled by any magic attack or wind attack].

15 x 1.75 = 26pts Active Cost

No Range (-1/2), 3 Charges (-1 1/4) [magic ninja smoke bombs!]

26 / 2.75 = 9pts.

The issue at that point becomes how complexly a phantom ninja can behave if the real ninja becomes unconscious. An Uncontrolled Image of a table could it there and be a table just fine if I went unconscious, but a combat-able ninja illusion is a different matter.

So, this might be the setup to go with, given the GM's understanding that I'm paying the Uncontrolled advantage cost in order to be able to rearrange my images as a zero-phase action, and that the phantom ninjas can continue to attack and move themselves around normally even without LOS from me (as I make my escape across the rooftops!).

Seems pretty balanced to me, given the fact that it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the phantom ninjas are just phantoms after a phase or two.

Yes, yes.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say, I just wrote down the wrong advantage (Continuous, instead of Uncontrolled)