Old School

Sketchpad

I'm curious if there are still some of the older crowd of Champions creators that still post on the Hero boards? I know that a few of them post to the M&M Boards, but is there anyone that posts here? Any chance you could tell us a bit about the characters you played? :)

Re: Old School

Well, I'm not one of published creators that you're doubtless asking about (although I am pretty old), but I am aware of a few veterans that post here from time to time. For example, Scott K. Jameson drops by fairly often, under the username SKJAM! Scott Heine also graces us with his presence, using his own name. Persuant to your question, you might be interested in this thread from the old forum archives, in which Scott reminisces about many of the developments in his classic Protectors campaign:

http://www.herogames.com/oldForum/Champions/002229.html

http://www.herogames.com/oldForum/Champions/002229-2.html

Steve Perrin also visits, as Captain Liberty. You can read more about his gaming pastime on his personal website, particularly the records of his campaign world, the Perrinverse.

May I assume that you're aware that Scott Bennie, aka GestaltBennie, posts here frequently?

It's a little sad to think that the founders aren't involved with the game or community in any way. I often wonder if George, Steve, Ray, Bruce, and even Aaron, play the game any longer or if their lives have just moved past it. I wonder what they'd have to say about what Hero has become.

It's a little sad to think that the founders aren't involved with the game or community in any way. I often wonder if George' date=' Steve, Ray, Bruce, and even Aaron, play the game any longer or if their lives have just moved past it. I wonder what they'd have to say about what Hero has become.[/quote']

Well ... most of them talk a bit about Hero in the 25th Anniversary book ...

It's a little sad to think that the founders aren't involved with the game or community in any way. I often wonder if George' date=' Steve, Ray, Bruce, and even Aaron, play the game any longer or if their lives have just moved past it. I wonder what they'd have to say about what Hero has become.[/quote']

I can't speak to most of those folks, but Aaron Allston has posted here on very rare occasions, and I can tell you from that and from what he's put on his personal website that his classic Strike Force campaign is still running. Aaron has spoken in general positive terms about what DoJ has been doing with the HERO franchise, although I couldn't say what he thinks of particular policies.