Weapon Pool?

VR Dragon

I am starting up a star hero low powered (150) game and well I am having some trouble with the weapons/equipment part. Since this is sappose to be a realistic ( with aliens ) game the players will have to buy their equipment instead of paying character points and stuff. I heard that Dark Champions has some kind of rule for a weapon pool or some such ? Can someone possibly message me with some info on this rule? It sounds like something I could use for my game.:ugly:

Re: Weapon Pool?

The rules you are asking about are on pages 150 to 153 of Dark Champions. Basically each player is assigned a pool of points, for free, that can only be used for standard equipment. The points cannot be used for anything else. The book suggests setting up several different types of pools, for example one pool for equipemtn always carried, one pool for equipment carried when heavy combat is expected, etc. The only place characters can change their alloted equipment is back at the base/HQ/armory, and the only equipment they can choose from is what the GM allows. Characters can buy extra resource points as a perk, and they can invest experience points to increase their resource points. The points are used just like character points to buy stuff based on active/real point cost. It is important to note that the point limits are how much a character is allowed to carry at any one time, not what they are allowed to own. So if Gi-Jane takes out an enemy agent and picks up a really cool SMG, she can add it to her weapons locker. This means that very often the characters may have many more items in their pool than they can actually use at any one time.

These rules allow a GM to control access to restricted items, and still allow the players a measure of freedom in selecting their own stuff.

I hope this helps