Cost of 0-end - Non-Combat Movement.

Sundog

Question

Given that according to the rules, the endurance cost of Non-Combat movement is equal to the proportionate endurance cost of combat movement, i.e. moving one quarter of your maximum non-combat movement is equivalent to moving one quarter of your combat movement as far as endurance costs are considered;

Further given that it is perfectly legal to apply a limitation or advantage to only part of a power;

I have the situation where one of my players has applied the advantage Reduced End Cost only to the base movement of his flight, but NOT to the adder Improved Non-combat Multiple. The claim is then that since the combat speed Endurance cost has been reduced, and the non-combat speed Endurance cost is based upon that, the non-combat speed Endurance cost is equal to the reduced amount.

This does not sit well with me, as I do not like something-for-nothing situations, but I cannot deny the basic logic. I have ruled that the reduced endurance cost will apply only if he does NOT use his increased non-combat multiple - if he uses more than 2x speed, he must pay the FULL appropriate endurance cost. Nonetheless, I would like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

1 answer to this question

Re: Cost of 0-end - Non-Combat Movement.

If a character wants his Noncombat Movement to cost 0 END, he has to make his Combat Movement cost 0 END (or, with the GM’s permission, buy Reduced Endurance as a naked Advantage with the Limitation Only Applies To Noncombat Movement). To make his Combat Movement cost 0 END, he has to apply Reduced Endurance to the full cost of his Movement Power, including any Adders he’s purchased for it. Otherwise any part of the power not “covered” by the Advantage still costs END, and that END cost applies to the use of Noncombat Movement.