red ribbon of fate power build?

Oneway

yes, but not really the main point...

the main power i want to build would alow our hero *coughyeahrightcough* to be able to "detect" the direction of a person she has formed a bond with.

i.e. she could be in New York and know that her targe...er, friend was East, but have no idea how far East (could be Denver, could be Seattle, she wouldn't know)

it couldn't be LOS and needs at least global range.

other then a restricted mindscan, ideas?

Re: red ribbon of fate power build?

How about using the Bump of Direction talent, and instead of saying she knows where north is, that she knows where her bonded partner is?

Alternatively you could put something together with a mind link and psychic bond, but the talent-based approach seems simpler.

How about using the Bump of Direction talent, and instead of saying she knows where north is, that she knows where her bonded partner is?

Alternatively you could put something together with a mind link and psychic bond, but the talent-based approach seems simpler.

i like this idea, if for no other reason then that it takes up less then a line of text and is only 3pts

tho i may not want to call it "Bump of Ari"

Detect: Location Of Bonded Targ* er, Person.

Detect Bonded Person 13- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Sense [15 AP/RP Points]

Maybe if you put some sort of limit on it. The char doesn't know where the target it, just which direction. Plus that's affected by range mods, which the OP didn't want. You could use this as the basis to build something closer to what the OP wanted... I'd rather KISS and go with a Bump of Direction equivalent. :)

the detect wouldn't be subject to range or range mods?

Maybe if you put some sort of limit on it. The char doesn't know where the target it' date=' just which direction. Plus that's affected by range mods, which the OP didn't want. You could use this as the basis to build something closer to what the OP wanted... I'd rather KISS and go with a Bump of Direction equivalent. :)[/quote']

1 - Detect, at the base level (without Discriminatory) only gives you the direction, and possibly the "signal strength" if the GM wishes.

2 - buy a Megascale Naked Modifier that works with it.

3 - Bump Of Direction really is just a Detect. Detect: Direction. So it's pretty much the same thing, I just added a few bitsies onto my build BoD doesn't have in it's "build"

Whether you call this a Talent or a Power, 5E Talents are still based off of Power Builds anyway.

i.e. she could be in New York and know that her targe...er' date=' friend was East, but have no idea how far East (could be Denver, could be Seattle, she wouldn't know)[/quote']If she were in New York, Denver and Seattle would be considered west of her.

2 - buy a Megascale Naked Modifier that works with it.
Wouldn't Megascale mean that she wouldn't be able to use it nearby?

Edit: Oh, I see, you had it as a naked modifier. I wouldn't let Megascale be used like that; the inability to use the ability up close is the only justification for the huge range discrepancies in the first place.

3 - Bump Of Direction really is just a Detect. Detect: Direction. So it's pretty much the same thing' date=' I just added a few bitsies onto my build BoD doesn't have in it's "build"[/quote']

I kinda like the "Bump of Ari" idea, myself.

Wouldn't Megascale mean that she wouldn't be able to use it nearby?

Edit: Oh, I see, you had it as a naked modifier. I wouldn't let Megascale be used like that; the inability to use the ability up close is the only justification for the huge range discrepancies in the first place.

I don't see it that way. I personally think this is a good use (non abusive) use of Megascale.