New Guardians

Enforcer84

As a general rule, if you could go for crisp and closed lines and minimize shadint to solids vice gradients, the inking will be much faster and look much better. Crossfire was mostly clean, minus the hatching on his neck and mask, so I was able to ink him pretty quickly.

I used a cheat to minimize the hatching; after I was done with his basic coloring I duplicated the layers, set the dupe layer to 65% opacity, and shifted it 1 click to the left. This filled in most of the hatching to the naked eye.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

That 1 will be much more difficult to ink; is there anyway you can sharpen up the lines and take out the 'fuzz'? I can add the energy aura effect in Photoshop. :)

actually I don't have photoshop, I have a trial version of Paintshop Pro. And I used it to make my drawing darker. I have a "Closer to original" I can post. Let me see what it looks like.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

actually I don't have photoshop, I have a trial version of Paintshop Pro. And I used it to make my drawing darker. I have a "Closer to original" I can post. Let me see what it looks like.

I can play with the contrast to darken up the lines in Photoshop; the only problem is "open lines" and gradient shading, which make it difficult to do fills. Solid lines and solid tones are much easier to deal with :)

Here, Try this.

Thats better. Ill have to close a couple of lines here and there, but it should work out. At this resolution I cant quite tell whats going on with her head. Does she have some kind of a cowl? Is that a bird beak kind of mask? An exaggerated lock of hair?

Also, is she caucasian? I only ask cuz she's got the J-Lo ghetto booty going on :)

Its her hair. She's Russian, so Eurasian I suppose. Costume is gold and shiny, the sun (and I am unhappy with that) is similar to Kyo Kusanagi's old Jacket. if you don't know what I refer to, here...

save that the nimbus is white rather than orange.

its tres cool KS! I like it alot. I like the lettering for her name too... when I get home tonight I'll have to adjust the character sheet i posted to reflect her colored goodness...:D

Thanx. I ended up drawing in the crown because I couldnt figure out where her cape/headdress ended and her hair began. The crown served to provide a clear demarkation. I also ended up redrawing the headdress a little off the right shoulder, and around the left ear. And I had to close off her left arm and a few other gaps in her lining, like the calf of the right leg.