Transform the final fronteer!b

Guest TheUnknown

Guest TheUnknown

I know that for every 5pts added to the base of what you're transforming it take 1 extra body done to the target. Thus if you were turning a 0 pt human into 50 pt wolf you would need to do the 20 body 10 + the -10 target can go +10 more for the 50pts added for a total of 30 body done.

My question is beyond the circumstances that changes the target back are these points perminantly added by game mechcanics and for legal build?

Re: Transform the final fronteer!b

I know that for every 5pts added to the base of what you're transforming it take 1 extra body done to the target. Thus if you were turning a 0 pt human into 50 pt wolf you would need to do the 20 body 10 + the -10 target can go +10 more for the 50pts added for a total of 30 body done.

My question is beyond the circumstances that changes the target back are these points perminantly added by game mechcanics and for legal build?

What do you mean by permanent? The points added will last until the Transform is reversed if that is what you mean. Also, I assume you can only use a legal build for the character sheet of whatever you Transform someone into. Or do you mean you want to create a mechanic that permanently adds character points to a target?

1/5 of the points not accounted for by additional limtiations in the transformed target ADD TO BODY. This means that a 0 point normal 10 BODY human transformed into a 50 point wolf would have an effective BODY of 10+50/5= 20 for transform purposes, requiring 40 points of effect to manage the transform, not 30. the wolf, and wolf abilities are 'permanent' until transformed back by healing or a set reversion trigger.

This is' date=' by the way, one of the "building blocks of the system" I've got laid out so far; experience is a single-point Transform.[/quote']

Transform target into target with additional powers, heals back if additional powers drained for a time period longer than target's natural life, only versus targets with unspent XP

Transform target into target with additional powers' date=' heals back if additional powers drained for a time period longer than target's natural life, only versus targets with unspent XP[/quote']

With a nod to the coolness (and game balancing effect) of that "heal back" condition, what I had in mind was more of a one-use-only Transform power, given to the character; Set Effect, one point.

And just as a reminder, the "adding points" aspect of Transform can be extremely unbalanced. Since Transform is Cumulative by default, you could buy 1d6 Transform - People into People with 100 points of additional powers, for 15 points. It'll take several phases to work, but can then be permanent until the change back condition of saying outloud, "I don't want these powers anymore."

Guest TheUnknown

1/5 of the points not accounted for by additional limtiations in the transformed target ADD TO BODY. This means that a 0 point normal 10 BODY human transformed into a 50 point wolf would have an effective BODY of 10+50/5= 20 for transform purposes' date=' requiring 40 points of effect to manage the transform, not 30. the wolf, and wolf abilities are 'permanent' until transformed back by healing or a set reversion trigger.[/quote']

Thanks for the clarity on the fact you add the 50/5= 10 to targets body total. as for the rest I agree and have came to that conclusion so in effect the greatest power in the book if not kept in check by the GM is Transform if you really examine it! Its also the catch all power incase effect cant be made by power combos yu can definitely get i with a transfom.

Guest TheUnknown

And just as a reminder' date=' the "adding points" aspect of Transform can be extremely unbalanced. Since Transform is Cumulative by default, you could buy 1d6 Transform - People into People with 100 points of additional powers, for 15 points. It'll take several phases to work, but can then be permanent until the change back condition of saying outloud, "I don't want these powers anymore."[/quote']

Percisely my point transform is as powerful than a Cosmic VP with enough time and more cost effective!