HERO lost builds repository

Robyn

Re: HERO lost builds repository

Could we choose a less awful colors than purple and lime for the links?

I think lime is default; the purple you see is a shade named Dark Orchid, my official color for Edited text. After ghost-angel mentioned some difficulty in link viewing, I experimented and found that a true purple was highly visible :D

I will be adjusting the link colors though, and reorganizing them to put every build under one list per thread.

And then, of course, there is the age old problem that colours that look great on the normal theme are generally hard to read on the dark theme. One of the reasons I generally leave things at default. Or just don't read stuff that has lots of custom colours.

'Course I can just highlight everything, which makes it readable, but I'm lazy and not generally willing to go to extra effort just to read someone's post...

:D

And then, of course, there is the age old problem that colours that look great on the normal theme are generally hard to read on the dark theme. One of the reasons I generally leave things at default. Or just don't read stuff that has lots of custom colours.

'Course I can just highlight everything, which makes it readable, but I'm lazy and not generally willing to go to extra effort just to read someone's post...

:D

Robyn does, IIRC, use the dark theme wherein the default links are impossible to read on the default board setting.

Robyn does' date=' IIRC, use the dark theme[/quote']

I have never, IIRC, changed (or even seen) any color-related viewing options.

So, just now, I went to User Control Panel and actively looked for them :)

Nothing for "theme", but I did find a "dark background" listed under Skins, where my selection is simply "HERO GAMES".

Posts in all threads, FWIW, show up for me as black (by default) text on a white background within a window that has blue buttons and a blue title bar; a very thin horizontal black line separates post windows, and a vertical black line several times thicker provides a border on the right and left (there is a much wider blue column to the left).

I have never, IIRC, changed (or even seen) any color-related viewing options.

So, just now, I went to User Control Panel and actively looked for them :)

Nothing for "theme", but I did find a "dark background" listed under Skins, where my selection is simply "HERO GAMES".

Posts in all threads, FWIW, show up for me as black (by default) text on a white background within a window that has blue buttons and a blue title bar; a very thin horizontal black line separates post windows, and a vertical black line several times thicker provides a border on the right and left (there is a much wider blue column to the left).

Then why the heck do all your "default" links show up like total crud? ah nevermind. non-issue.

Then why the heck do all your "default" links show up like total crud?

Could be a browser peculiarity, or a result of my severe security settings (viewing pages how I want to view them, not how the page designer intended), but those wouldn't affect how they looked to other people?

I'll try viewing some of my posts from other browsers, then when logged off, then with some of the links followed and others not, etcetera.

I will be adjusting the link colors though' date=' and reorganizing them to put every build under one list per thread.[/quote']

I need to make a decision for organizational style. Primarily by thread, with build type under that, or primarily by build type, with thread sources under that? Example follows:

HERO Forum:

Ordinary objects:

Thoughts on color? I'm avoiding green because I can't see it very well on the white background, but according to reports purple doesn't work too well either, so that leaves me with blue and red for strong, solid colors. Red and bold is already taken by the forum's highlighting for search results, and I don't want to conflict with that.

HERO Forum:

* Requiem (thread)

* Bad Thoughts: Exacerbate Other, anime/manga threads, WWYCD's, "I'm leaving!"

Hey, why is anime/manga under Bad Thoughts! :mad:

Someone needs to re-evaluate the importance the the worlds greatest entertainment media.....

;)

One of the issues is you're forcing a color by using the COLOR tag.

On the earlier posts, yes; I forced red and blue. But the link I posted using Firefox wasn't changed that way, so it should have been completely default. I tested red, blue, and normal links (some of them from other threads) to be thorough.

I'm still trying to reproduce the blue/green colors I saw last time :stupid:

Looks like its time for a bit o re-education :sneaky:

Strap him to a chain. Prop his eyes open. Force him to watch alternating episodes of "Fooly Cooly" and "Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU" for HOURS. Thus he will either convert or pass out :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to reproduce the blue/green colors I saw last time :stupid:

I have the green back, but nothing has changed as far as I can tell . . . tried Firefox without logging in and without visiting the linked-to page, but still green.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the interface is automatically setting color based on whether I have been to the linked-to page before I set it :stupid: