Converting Warhammer Fantasy Battle

doppelganger

Has anyone done any work converting Warhammer Fantasy Battle (not the RPG) statistics and abilities into Fantasy Hero equivalents? I have a giant pile of minis that can be used for role-playing purposes and I really enjoy the background information present in the various army books and game fiction novels. I would like to try my hand at running a game based on the Warhammer world, but I'm rather new at the whole roleplaying thing and would like to see someone else's efforts if possible. I especially look forward to the various types of wizards available and the plethora of non human races present.

I did a Warhammer RPG conversion, and although youve ruled that out, the stat line is very similar.

I also did a rough and ready conversion many years ago for Warhammer 40k to HEROs, but that was based on the previous edition's stats and point totals.

I never cared for Fantasy Warhammer due to the unit blocks, so though I have a lot of the books which I bought for flavor and idea fodder back when I was doing Mordheim rules expansions, Ive been away from GW games for a couple of years and have no idea what the current state of affairs are.

Is the current iteration of WH Fantasy like the current version of 40k stat-wise, or are they still on the previous editions stats?

• 2 weeks later...

Xandarr is running a WHFRP setting in Hero system for us right now. It seems to be a pretty straightforward and easy conversion. Having run and played in both rules sets numerous times.

Your basic fantasy races port over into WH with ease, and the WH universe emphasis on Initiative is a near clone to Speed in hero. The powers of magic and demons are cake to do up in hero as well.

The main cool factor of the WH universe is the storyline and background settings, and these don't recquire any game mechanical tinkering! :D