Rapid Fire with 2 Different Weapons Question

Hyper-Man

Question

Hi Steve,

This is a followup to my last post:

Re: Rapid Fire & Multipower Question

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1295094#post1295094

Let's say that a character has 2 different weapons? [Either 2 competely different guns (like an uzi and a 44 magnum) or has 2 identical multipowers* (like the previous multipower based revolver)].

*Either paid completely seperately or by using the 5 point equipment doubling rules.

Could the the character then use the Rapid Fire maneuver with both weapons to attack 2 different targets? (assuming different multipower slots in the 2nd example)

Also, could you cite the relevant page numbers in any HERO books related to this and the previous post's sitiuations?

Thanks,

1 answer to this question

Re: Rapid Fire with 2 Different Weapons Question

Yes, a character in that situation could Rapid Fire with the two different weapons, provided some more specific rule (like the rules about Rapid Firing with Autofire weapons) or GM's discretion don't dictate otherwise. This is the same as Sweeping with two different attacks as discussed on 5ER 297; the Rapid Fire rules simply don't have a comparative example because the vast majority of the time anyone making a Ranged attack is just using an ordinary Strike maneuver.

However I should have pointed out in my last answer that the Rules FAQ/HSCH 79 have more detailed rules about using Frameworks to Rapid Fire or Sweep, for those interested in further reading. I'll revise the answer accordingly.