New Power Advantagde Idea

RadeFox

Something I came up with talking with Xandar about our current game, there is no power that suitably emulates gas effect weaponry or spells. So I came up with the following idea, and thought I would post it here for discussion and polishing ideas from you all.

Gas Effect- A.O.E. Mod (+1 1/2(?))

The power under this effect will affect a radius of hexes much like the normal explosion AOE modifier, but on the first segment of activation would only affect the Target Hex, each segment thereafter the effect spreads out 1 hex in a radius pattern, until its full AOE is reached (would be the same as normal Explosion). On the next segment after maximum area is covered, the radius of the power drops by 1 hex each segment until it again only effects the Target Hex, and on the next segment fades completely. While the effects are covering a given area, anyone inside the area of effect or passing through is subject to the full effect of the power, akin to a persistant effect.

Thanks for the feedback in adbance!

:)

Repost from other mistake thread

Posted by: Arthur

Powerful Hero

Impressive. Seems well thought out, and fills a rules gap. Keep posting here, buddy!

I might handle it just a little differently, only because it might be a bit complicated combining aspects of both Explosion and AoE. AoE of an Explosion is kind of a nebulous area. Also, a really big Gas Attack (we also need a more generic name: it's actually a variant of Explosion - Gas Explosion? Sounds like a power The Spleen would have).

Anyway, I'd have it start out as an Explosion that loses 3 DC per hex on the first segment; 2 DC per hex after the next Phase, and 1 DC per hex for a Turn, then fade the same way. Or something like that. That would allow a large attack to cover more area with its initial burst. You'd also have to define a way to disperse it (wind powers would be typical). It sounds like a +1 Advantage.

Needs some fine-tuning, as usual, but that's the approach I'd take.