Double Knockback Move By

MarkusDark

I'm at work, lazy, without FReD, so I am posting here my questions as I doodle a character on Hero Designer.

I have created a speedster character that already has a double KB HA. I want to create a type of 'sonic boom' where when he runs by multiple targets, they take a knockback from his passing. Would just doing a Multiple Move-By with standard HA damage (including KB) be appropriate?

Also, about Megascale movement, if I create him Flying, only while in contact with surface, at a MegaScale of 20KM, does his turn mode suck?

"Nice speed there, Jim. And you made a pretty design on that wall..."

Re: Double Knockback Move By

Originally posted by MarkusDark

Also, about Megascale movement, if I create him Flying, only while in contact with surface, at a MegaScale of 20KM, does his turn mode suck?

Suck is one word for it. Under a literal interpretation, he could turn 60 degrees every 20 kilometers a 5" of Flight megascaled as you list.

For your first question, try making a HA with extra knockback, but take it AOE with a the Any area advantage. This lets you run your 20" hitting up to 20 targets if you chose your path to pass by them. The AOE lets you affect up to 20 hexes in any pattern, as long as the hexes are all linked, so a long, curvy line, winding amongst your foes should send them all sailing. (Sorry if the names are wrong, no FRED here either).

As for Megascale running, as flight with ground surface contact, Yes, the turn modes is generall the same as flight. And unless you are serious 4 color super, the laws of physics get cranky if your moving at 2500kph, and in the space of one hex, turn around 120 degrees and continue with no loss of speed. :P