Clarafication on Strength

dsatow

Question

(See NOT a healing question!)

If you buy TK with fine manipulation, it says you can use martial arts at range.

I assume that this means if you have 20 STR TK and do a martial strike with it that has one extra DC (for +3d6 total). You would do 6d6 in damage.

This would also be the same for Strength with Affects Solids advantage where the martial damage is reduced to represent the advantage.

I have talked to some people who say as long as the damage output isn't affected by the advantage (like AP vs Reduced END), the martial arts dice do not decrease. Since I have a character with TK thinking about martial arts, this would be good to know what is "official".

1 answer to this question

Re: Clarafication on Strength

If you buy TK with fine manipulation, it says you can use martial arts at range.

The rules absolutely, positively, unequivocally DO NOT say that. As noted on 5ER 230, it says that if a character buys the ability to use a Martial Maneuver with his Telekinesis, Fine Manipulation may be required as a prerequisite for some Maneuvers.

I assume that this means if you have 20 STR TK and do a martial strike with it that has one extra DC (for +3d6 total). You would do 6d6 in damage. ...

The STR of Telekinesis applies to increase the damage done with a Combat/Martial Maneuver the same way ordinary STR applies to increase the damage done with an ordinary Combat/Martial Maneuver. See 5ER 405-09 for rules about adding damage. Note that there's no such rule as "some people" describe; they may be thinking about the fact that Reduced Endurance for weapons in Heroic campaigns doesn't affect how STR increases the weapon's damage.