Campain Log: The New Challengers

hooligan x

From the ashes of Team F-Up comes the New Challengers. Here's what the datafeeds are saying:

THE CAPTAIN TAKES COMMAND

Mysterion assumes leadership role with New Challengers

Captain Mysterion will assume full-time, active-duty status as leader of the New Challengers effective immediately, team spokesman Mr. Mayhem announced today.

The famed New York-based supergroup has been short of full-time members ever since a series of devastating battles robbed them of several associates more than a year ago, and this move is part of a larger reorganization designed to remedy that situation, Mayhem explained.

In addition to Mysterion and Mayhem, the team’s new lineup consists of six relatively new, unknown heroes. The codenames of these new heroes were not available at press time.

Although Mysterion has taken part in several of the New Challengers’ recent adventures and has regularly appeared with them in public, he has continually denied serving on anything more than an “interim basis.” But Mayhem said today that various events over the course of the past year have now led to Mysterion assuming a more permanent – and prominent – status with the team.

“Of course we’re sorry to see some of our long-time members depart for personal reasons, and

we also honor and mourn those among our ranks who have fallen in battle,” said Mayhem, who now plans to assume a background role as spokesman and advisor. “But I have the utmost faith in the New Challengers’ revitalized lineup, and I’m pleased and proud to say that, from now on, Captain Mysterion will be a full-time member and leader of the team.”

Many details remain unclear, but it is believed that a sequence of assaults instigated a year ago by the infamous super-criminal known as “Dr. Mindkiller” resulted in the grave injury or deaths of several team members. Captain Mysterion, then a member of the reserves, was called upon to assist in the crisis and proved instrumental in the defeat of Mindkiller and a number of other super-criminals. He also played a key role in the prevention of the nuclear near-holocaust apparently orchestrated by disgraced former President Gerhardt Bivel.

The team reconstituted itself soon afterwards, boasting several new additions but also some notable absences. At that time, Mysterion announced that he would remain on active duty “temporarily” to help fill the group’s depleted roster.

*click*

“Mad” Angus Back To Work

New York- Celebrity bodyguard “Mad” Angus McCrae has returned to work for the first time since the tragic honeymoon aircar crash that claimed the life of his new bride Lillith Gagne McCrae and driver Steve Janowitz.

A source close to Angus said the former supervillain has recovered from the physical injuries he sustained, but not the emotional scars.

“Lillith meant everything to him. I doubt he’ll ever be the same.”

“Mad” Angus, who takes his name from a figure in Scottish folklore, has had a checkered past, to say the least. He has found employment as a bank robber, a mercenary, muscle for underworld figure Los Patos, and (after a stretch in a federal Meta-Max facility in Kansas) much sought-after bodyguard to such celebs as London Sheraton and Mo Rafiri.

Angus hits the road again next week with rock group Spider Diablo.

*click*

Psycho-in-Chief Spotted in Paris!

France- Disgraced former US President and international fugitive Gerry Bivel was seen by several witnesses entering 5-star restaurant L’Ananan last weekend. While most patrons were watching the antics of celbutante London Sheraton and her date Q'oornus V, newlyweds Mr & Mrs Ward Ferrigamo of Weymouth, Massachucetts noticed a famous face in a dark corner table.

"There he was, sippin' champaigne like a normal person like he never tried to start a nuclear exchange with China in order to appease some Babylonian war god! I heard that live ethercast when he admitted to engineering Hell's invasion of Washington. I tried to call the police, but them French don't know what 911 means. By the time I got anyone who knew English, he was gone. It burns my shorts, that does!"

French officials say they have no reliable...

*click*

Breaking News

At this hour, the new line-up of super-team The New Challengers is in a pitched battle in midtown. Witnesses have reported seeing six or seven of the costumed heroes fighting an undetermined amount of what are decribed as "giant robots". police have stopped all traffic from...

Stay tuned, kids!