Tibetan holy man?

Dr. Confoundo

I need some quick help for a villian name in a World War II Champions game: The character in question is part of the Ahnenerbe, an offshoot of the SS whose goal was to investigate the anthropological and mystical origins of the Aryan race (as well as gathering up all those cool magic gizmos that cause trouble for your favorite bullwhip-weilding, fedora-wearing archaelogist/adventurers).

This agent has been empowered by the Norse Rune of Creation, which has given him the supernatural power to create tulpas, or thoughtforms - these tulpas will be basically anything he can picture, from Yetis to dinosaurs to giant squids to fire-breathing dragons, all summoned with his mental powers.

I'm imagining someone who travelled the world for the Ahnenerbe and really embraced the beliefs of Tibet (where the word 'tulpa' comes from). Then, when he was empowered with such a culturally specific power, he came to believe himself to be a Tibetan holy man... but what are they called? I need to know any suggestions for names of Tibetan holy men or priests or shaman, that I can use for his code name. Any ideas?

Re: Tibetan holy man?

I need some quick help for a villian name in a World War II Champions game: The character in question is part of the Ahnenerbe, an offshoot of the SS whose goal was to investigate the anthropological and mystical origins of the Aryan race (as well as gathering up all those cool magic gizmos that cause trouble for your favorite bullwhip-weilding, fedora-wearing archaelogist/adventurers).

This agent has been empowered by the Norse Rune of Creation, which has given him the supernatural power to create tulpas, or thoughtforms - these tulpas will be basically anything he can picture, from Yetis to dinosaurs to giant squids to fire-breathing dragons, all summoned with his mental powers.

I'm imagining someone who travelled the world for the Ahnenerbe and really embraced the beliefs of Tibet (where the word 'tulpa' comes from). Then, when he was empowered with such a culturally specific power, he came to believe himself to be a Tibetan holy man... but what are they called? I need to know any suggestions for names of Tibetan holy men or priests or shaman, that I can use for his code name. Any ideas?

Lamas.

Unless you're looking for a personal name. There I can't help you.

Heinrich Harrer. Friend of Hitler and the Dali Lama.

[edit: oh, codename. Mthu Bo, loosely translated magician, wizard, witch]

Huh. I'd never heard of The Green Lama before. If it didn't sound so hokey in German, I'd use it as an homage, but I'm trying to make the Nazis a little more fearsome than that. (Maybe I'll use his mantra "Om mani padme hum" as my villian's mystical codephrase.)

'Der Lama' still sounds a little dry, but none of the standard tricks in making a good villian name are working - I can't find any colors that match up well (Weis Lama, Schwarzes Lama, Rotes Lama); I've already got a Doktor and a Kommandant, and I don't want to double up on titles (and Oberst Lama sounds odd); and I can't think of the right adjective to use (Dunkel Lama, Nacht Lama, Schatten Lama, etc.) Unfortunately all of those sound like bad spoof names for a Llama superhero... I'm sure that my players will mock it anyways, so I should just get used to it.

'Der Lama' still sounds a little dry, but none of the standard tricks in making a good villian name are working - I can't find any colors that match up well (Weis Lama, Schwarzes Lama, Rotes Lama); I've already got a Doktor and a Kommandant, and I don't want to double up on titles (and Oberst Lama sounds odd); and I can't think of the right adjective to use (Dunkel Lama, Nacht Lama, Schatten Lama, etc.) Unfortunately all of those sound like bad spoof names for a Llama superhero... I'm sure that my players will mock it anyways, so I should just get used to it.

Actually, I'd have called him Der Tulpa, Der Tulpaschmeid (Tulpa Smith), Der Traumschmeid (Dream Smith), something like that.

Actually' date=' I'd have called him Der Tulpa, Der Tulpaschmeid (Tulpa Smith), Der Traumschmeid (Dream Smith), something like that.[/quote']

How about Der Traumritter (or Dream Knight)? That looks like a keeper to me :thumbup:

Oh, and BTW, thanks again to Oddhat for giving me the awesome Tulpa idea in the original thread in the first place!