Re: Stretching and Haymaker

dsatow

Question

For the most part, I understand a lot of your answers or the reasoning behind the answer, but this one has me confused a bit. I was expecting a yes.

The reason I was expecting a yes was from a logic standpoint, if you have growth which gives you "stretching" defined as reach, the target could effectively move slightly out of way but still within the reach of the character and the haymaker would become invalid.

Also, it seems to penalize HTH combatants and stretching advocates since even if a target moves and you do a haymaker with an EB, they still get the EB haymaker off.

Also, in several stretching character scenes (Plastic man or silly cartoons like Bugs Bunny) the stretching character would pull back thier hand way back and then shoot thier fist foward smack a target after a sec.

I know you don't usually answer game philosophy questions here but the logic here kind of eludes me. Can you explain why?

1 answer to this question

Re: Stretching and Haymaker

I'm sorry, but I don't want to get involved in discussions of game design/philosophy issues. You might consider starting a thread on the Discussion board, though.

However, I do want to point out one mis-assumption. The rules for Haymaker apply to Ranged attacks just like HTH. You say, "even if a target moves and you do a haymaker with an EB, they still get the EB haymaker off[.]" That's wrong. If the target of a Ranged Haymaker moves, the Haymaker fails just like usual. In fact, on page 389 the rulebook specifically states, "These rules [about Haymakers failing] apply regardless of what type of attack the character Haymakers with."