How would you do this?

Great Beyond

How much would this disad be worth -

Stealing a page from the Lone Ranger I'm building an archer who's a fair shot with her bow and arrow, but is downright devastating when it comes to shooting guns out of the hands of bad guys. Basically a whole bunch of combat levels that's only good against inanimate objects. Guns out of hands, switches on a wall 300 yards away, caps off beer bottles rolling down a hill - typical old school Western stuff here.

But the big question is how much is Only Against Inanimate Objects worth? -1/2? -1? -2? (actually a bigger question is - is that the right way to do this? Checking with Hero Designer, it doesn't appear that I can add disads to combat skill levels - unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Am I trying to do something illegal?)

Re: How would you do this?

Oh, right - there is a manuver for disarming. Thats what I get for trying to build a character over lunch without a book on hand. :)

I'll have to get a copy of the Martial Artist from my friend over the weekend, see if there's any other ideas to mine.

Oh, right - there is a manuver for disarming. Thats what I get for trying to build a character over lunch without a book on hand. :)

I'll have to get a copy of the Martial Artist from my friend over the weekend, see if there's any other ideas to mine.

Oh, I thought you already had that and were just looking for a way to get better with it. Oops.

There are actually 2 MA mauevers. Ranged Disarm and Offensive Ranged Disarm.

Ranged Disarm is 4pts for +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +0 Range, Disarm +15 STR

Offensive Ranged Disarm is 5pts for +1 OCV, -1 DCV, +2 Range, Disarm +10 STR

I would take the latter of the two.

You could also take a CSL only for Disarms (2pts).

And you could take the CSL that Dreadnought mentioned (although I'm not sure I would give it a -1).