Which edition are these books?

JimLotFP

I won some 80s Champions stuff awhile back and I'm not sure how to tell the difference between first/second/third edition stuff...

There's the box with a comic of Crusader and Starburst teaming up on a villain on the back, with the rulebook inside saying "Fourth Printing July 1983".

There's the Champions II- The Super Supplement! book with a 1982 date on it.

A Viper's Nest booklet with no color cover like everything else, 1982 date.

Escape From Stronghold from 1981.

Thanks!

Re: Which edition are these books?

I won some 80s Champions stuff awhile back and I'm not sure how to tell the difference between first/second/third edition stuff...

There's the box with a comic of Crusader and Starburst teaming up on a villain on the back, with the rulebook inside saying "Fourth Printing July 1983".

That's the second Ed box, I believe

There's the Champions II- The Super Supplement! book with a 1982 date on it.

Part of 2nd Ed, which was not in the box.

A Viper's Nest booklet with no color cover like everything else' date=' 1982 date.[/quote']

I think this was in the box for 2nd ED, IIRC.

Escape From Stronghold from 1981.

This was either 1st or Second ED. There's one easy check. Look at the writeups. If a character with a killing attack fails to follow the cap for STR adds, it's 1st Ed. If the cap is there, it's 2nd Ed. That was one of the few significant changes between 1st and 2nd Ed that's obvious from the character writeups (1st Ed and 2nd Ed Enemies can be differentiated in this manner using the Monster's writeup).

Re: Which edition are these books?

This was either 1st or Second ED. There's one easy check. Look at the writeups. If a character with a killing attack fails to follow the cap for STR adds, it's 1st Ed. If the cap is there, it's 2nd Ed. That was one of the few significant changes between 1st and 2nd Ed that's obvious from the character writeups (1st Ed and 2nd Ed Enemies can be differentiated in this manner using the Monster's writeup).

Good call. I look at multipowers with slots with limitations and active points in them. You get a 60 pt multipower with a slot with OAF and 120 active points, you are in first ed. :)