[Character] Murk

Killer Shrike

Another AEGIS Auxillary:

Murk

I don't have the bg written up yet, but the capsule version is:

Jeff Harvin is a young man born with an innate connection to the "Murk" dimension, which is a "darkforce" style dimension similar but not identical to the darkforce dimension of the Marvel Universe and the Shadow dimension of D&D. The Murk dimension "overlays" or transposes the normal Earth dimension, but lacks inanimate objects or (as far as Jeff yet knows) native inhabitants.

The essence of the Murk dimension is inimical to organic life. Jeff is able to step across into this dimension and channel its essence into the normal world for a variety of effects. Jeff can perceive across the dimensional boundary between Earth normal and the Murk dimension with ease, and can even physically reach across the boundary into the Earth dimension from the Murk with a little thought.

However, while he is more resistant to it than most people, even Jeff takes damage from it over time and it can kill him if he stays too long. Further complicating this, while it is easy for him to step into the Murk, it is difficult for him to step out, and further he sometimes steps _too far_ into the Murk and loses sight of Earth, becoming unable to interact with the normal world, or even to step back into it until he can find his way back out of the deep Murk closer to the dimensional boundary.

While in the normal world he can't use most of his powers, but he can pull enough of the Murk around himself to cloak him from perception as long as he doesn't do anything too active and draw attention to himself. This also provides him with some protection from harm due to the dimensional disruption inherent to the effect.

Jeff detects as a dimensional locus when using any of his powers while in the normal Earth dimension, even his Murksense.

Re: [Character] Murk

Thanks. Ive had a lot of fun designing the last few "lovable losers", characters with intrinsic cons. Probably due to the novelty value of characters that few players would willingly want to play due to their flaws but which are all the more heroic for that to me.

Re: [Character] Murk

I see your plan now... You're musclin' in on Susano's cool character's racket... :)

Hmm...well, I've got several hundred characters on my site here and there, at least 2/3's of which are mine. And with a couple of exceptions they are all original characters.

Its not my main pursuit, but I've always cranked out a lot of em. Maybe you're just now noticing? ;)