Contemplating a few house rules for my PBEM

incrdbil

This House rule inspired by Zeropoint

Real Weapons and Armor

Seeking feedback before I float these proposals to players:

If an attack with Real Weapon hits defenses WITHOUT Real Armor, then the following applies: if the max body of the attack is not enough to penetrate the defenses, then no stun is applied either--the attack is completely ignored.

Makes the difference between soldiers and more 'real world' agencies with guns apparent versus the 'super' agencies with blasters.

Subsequent thought: Any defensive power that takes the 'Real Armor' limitation allows no such protection from 'Real Weapons', in addition to all the normal problems of real armor.

Or, simply say the Armor power inherently includes this limitation. This makes the armor power a little different from force field, which is needed perhaps, as armor is such a better power than force field. Armor costs no end, is not visible (as long as its not part of an obvious focus, and I'd rule after someone takes a hit its obvious they have some form of protection), and is persistent. Buying a force field 0 End persistent and not even invisible already makes it more costly. Maybe let armor take a 1/4th advantage to no longer be 'real'.

Force Walls with Body:

This allows the Force Wall wielder to buy BODY. Attacks that penetrate the force wall do not immediately break it unless they reduce it to zero body. If an attack does more BODY than the Force Walls PD/ED, but not enough to eliminate all of the body, the attack still gets through the wall, and whoever was targeted takes damage, but gets the Force Walls protection (but not the BODY lost by the Force Wall) in addition to their own defense. This breach is instantly sealed after the attack if the force wall still has body. Was thinking of 1 point per body the Force wall has.To 'heal' the force wall you must turn it off, then turn it back on in another phase. Absorption, healing, aid, succor, transfer, regeneration cannot restore Force Wall Body (w/o GM special ok).

Cost: 2 points per Force Wall Body.

Re: Contemplating a few house rules for my PBEM

The armour rules are a bit complex for me to contemplate right now, so I'll leave that for clearer heads.

The Force Wall idea is very similar to creating barriers with entangle. Is there a reason you are not going with that?

I've been using "Real Weapon includes a fixed STUN multiple" for a long time to get a higher powered feel for Supers. I was also in and co-GMed a campaign with a "no body through = no stun through" rule. Both work well. The Real Weapon variation you're proposing looks fine.

The armour rules are a bit complex for me to contemplate right now, so I'll leave that for clearer heads.

The Force Wall idea is very similar to creating barriers with entangle. Is there a reason you are not going with that?

More tircks you can do with the forcewall--the transparent advantage, plus all the other forcewall specifics. Also, an Entange/barrier, once up is up--I was specificly looking at the more concentration based force wall power. the entangle just didnt get a lot of things done, and was a lot less durable and protective. Tweakign it till it was creating barriers only--felt easier just to add Body to a force wall.

I've been using "Real Weapon includes a fixed STUN multiple" for a long time to get a higher powered feel for Supers.

The campaign already uses a fixed stun multiple (2.5) for all killing attacks, so I guess I'm there with you already.

I was also in and co-GMed a campaign with a "no body through = no stun through" rule. Both work well. The Real Weapon variation you're proposing looks fine.

Thanks.