question about a transfer character.

Ragdoll

I'm curious as to how to construct a character with a 3d6 transfer of STR to STR. Normally the character is surrounded by a constant Transfer of 3d6 STR to STR in a damage shield. This shield is always on.

With effort (expending endurance) the character can 'inflate' the field around their body, spreading the D6's of the power. In effect when it's spread to its thinest it becomes a mere 1d6 transfer damage sheild that's always on, a 1d6 one hex transfer area effect and a 1d6 two hex transfer area effect radius.

The inflation can be maintained for as long as the character has END to maintain it as it's highest level of inflation. The character can inflate it to it's maximum or simply leave it at 1d6 transfer AE: hex, and a 2d6 transfer damage shield.

How would something like that be built?

Re: question about a transfer character.

Mmm... it'd be ugly (and I can't actually handle the build at the moment, but here's the philosophy):

Multipower with the following:

3d6 Transfer Damage Shield (as you've described).

2d6 Damage Shield

1d6 AoE 1 Hex, Personal Immunity, other mod's to bring it up to the cost so that both powers together makes using the remaining slots impossible.

1d6 Damage Shield

1d6 AoE 2" Radius

Note, however, that I don't know about 'stacking' rules or anything like that, or how to work the numbers out exactly.

Mmm... it'd be ugly (and I can't actually handle the build at the moment, but here's the philosophy):

Multipower with the following:

3d6 Transfer Damage Shield (as you've described).

2d6 Damage Shield

1d6 AoE 1 Hex, Personal Immunity, other mod's to bring it up to the cost so that both powers together makes using the remaining slots impossible.

1d6 Damage Shield

1d6 AoE 2" Radius

Note, however, that I don't know about 'stacking' rules or anything like that, or how to work the numbers out exactly.

How about this:

Transfer (3d6 STR to STR); Continuous +1, Damage Shield +1/2, +1/4 will damage targets in Hand to Hand other than grab, Persistant +1/2, 0 END +1/2, Always on -1/2, Only works against organic objects -1/4, Limit: Dice reduce to 2d when using AE: Hex power, and 1d when using AE: Radius 2" power -1/4 [169 active points/85 real points]

Transfer (1d6 STR to STR); Continuous +1, Area Effect: Hex +1/2, Only works against organic objects -1/4 [38 active points/30 real points]

Transfer (1d6 STR to STR); Continuous +1, Area Effect: Radius 2" +1, Only works against organic objects -1/4, Must first have second transfer on and active to use -1/4 [45 active points/30 real points]

Is this done correctly?

A Transfer Damage Shield, a Transfer One Hex No Range Personal Immunity, and a Transfer AoE Radius No Range Personal Immunity; all as multi slots in a multipower framework, with Always On as a disadvantage on the multipower, but NOT on the slots. You can shift active points between the three types of Transfers, but you always have to have the full active points of the multipower allocated and on somehow.

Come to think of it, you could probably ignore Personal Immunity, since you'd only be transferring your own STR... to your own STR.

Come to think of it, you could probably ignore Personal Immunity, since you'd only be transferring your own STR... to your own STR.

Yeah but this would affect the total number of active points you could transfer so it wouldn't really be effective. The Personal Immunity would stop this.

Muhauahahauaha I like this idea so I'm going to steal it and make some players really angry with me. I'll get my revenge for a certain 2d6 AP, Pen, AoE 1 Hex Damage Shield, always on linked to Desolidification. Grrrrrrr I will get my revenge Matt. (The Fallen will fear my return.)