Non standard Healing Factor

JmOz

Creatuing a super soldier type of character, part of the super soldier program is a increased resistance to Chem/Bio warfare.

Now this is the way I want it to work:

The Character takes the effect adn suffers the consequences, but instead of suffering for the duration the effects start to be fought off by the immune system much faster than a normal person (Most problems should be fixed in about 20-30 minutes), obviously this is NO Protection from a RKA/EB based attack...

Suppress 'increased recovery time' on drains?

Healing regeneration, which heals damaged characteristics? (+2 for all at once) I don't have FREd on me... does regeneration have to be on BODY and STUN, or can it affect other characteristics?

Power defence - extra time?

How's this for a starting point.

Cost 10

Healing 1d6 (max. Healed Points: 6), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Variable Effect All Characteristics Simultaneously (+2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time 5 Minutes (-2), Self Only (-1/2), Always On (-1/2)

This would heal 1d6 Character Points Worth of every Characteristics every 5 min.

OR we could make it cheeper and do this.

Cost 5

Healing 1d6 (max. Healed Points: 6), Variable Effect One Characteristic At A Time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Extra Time 5 Minutes (-2), Self Only (-1/2), Always On (-1/2)

This will work for any one Characiteristic at a time for half the price.

Let's see.

Normal Superheroic REC will deal with the STUN damage in the selected time period.

So we need to deal with the BODY.

Most of these effects are built using NND's and/or gradual effects, right?

So...power constructs that come to mind::

A) Low speed limited Regeneration

or

B) Gradual Effect Power Defense (match the chosen time scale)

or

C) A limited or Gradual Effect Life Support would cover it if all symptoms disappeared after a certain amount of time. Does the damage just cease to be? Or is the SFX for a "healing" of the damage? The other side effect of this would be that he would always suffer from the effects. No permanent immunization factor.

or

D) Terrestrial/Biowarfare Life Support with Side Effects.

or

E) Some wierd combination of all of the above?

Any takers on these ideas?

What it boils down to is how you construct Chemical/Biological warfare. Are these real powers or handwaving? Even if they're real powers, they still fit into their 'special f/x' of chemical and biowar agents. The requested F/X was thus:

Originally posted by JmOz:

The Character takes the effect adn suffers the consequences, but instead of suffering for the duration the effects start to be fought off by the immune system much faster than a normal person (Most problems should be fixed in about 20-30 minutes), obviously this is NO Protection from a RKA/EB based attack...

Actually, what you're looking for IS a protection from an RKA/EB-based attack. Remember that you deal FIRST with the special effects of a power, THEN the technical details. If I have a power that makes me immune to the poison of adders, and your RKA dartgun's special effect is that it uses adder poison, guess what? I'm immune. If my water-based Force Field has 1/2 effect against flame, and the aptly-named Pyro's flame EB hammers into me, guess what? My FF is at 1/2 efficiency as it gets 'boiled away'.

In reconstructing the ubiquitous Wolverine, I encountered the question about how to construct this aspect of his abilities as well. He can get infected or poisoned or drugged, it's just that he recovers much, much faster than ordinary people. My answer was as such:

Life Support: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, all terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents (20 Active Points); Gradual Effect (20 Minutes, -1).

However, because you're using Gradual Effect on a defense instead of an offense, I'm starting to consider that particular limitation to be less ... well, less of a limitation than what it really is. I think, when I complete this, the 'Gradual Effect' limitation, when applied to defenses, is only going to be worth half; 20 Minutes would therefore be worth a -½ Limitation. Or, perhaps, it's just a -½ Limitation overall, with the actual time it takes to recover being a function of how virulent/potent the offensive chemical/biological is.

What does this mean in-game? It means that, presuming the poison or biowar agent isn't a gradual-effect one itself, any damage done (body, power/attribute drain, whatever) is DONE -- but will return fully after the 20 minutes or so. A smart, coordinated assault would be able to hit the individual while they were at their worst; this Power doesn't mean that they CAN'T be killed, just that unless it's a REALLY harsh, fast-acting, or concentrated/large dose of the disease/poison/chemical-of-the-day, the guy is going to be able to recover from it much more quickly than anyone else.

With minor things, like tear-gas or a cold, the 'Gradual Effect' might be as short as 1 Turn -- or simply not at all. Wolverine never catches colds; tear gas maybe makes his eyes water a little. Again, it's all in how you play your game, and in how Special Effects are handled.