Tuala Morn questions

eternal_sage

Re: Tuala Morn questions

while art is mostly subjective, there is an objective part. no one would be able to argue that the Mona Lisa is a bad painting, for example, although saying it is ugly is not the same thing. the quality of art can be objectively measured, but in so doing, many people would a) disagree and start to flame the poster B) not get it (because of lack of artistic training/knowledge) or c) ignore the whole thing "because art is dumb", while only a handful would agree with the statements made.

this is not a bad thing, by the way, merely a product of the audience not being "art people". which, btw, i am not. i swear, Andy Warhol and just about all the other visual artists of this century, were terrible at making "pretty puctures" although i can see 75-90% of what makes them "art" and "good". just not appealing to me personally.

Re: Tuala Morn questions

So I'm glad I bought it - I simply hide it from my players so they don't accidentally look inside. :D

Wow.....that last bit seems harsh, even with a smiley - I looked through my TM just now and think the maps are actually pretty damn good - at least the equal of most WOTC Forgotten Realms maps, which appear to use a similar style of artwork but maybe come across better purely because of the colour factor.

The rest of the art I sort of agree, it varies from acceptable to poor, but with a few nice pieces sprinkled in here and there (which makes it the same as pretty much every HERO book out there). I certainly wouldn't have any worries letting my players look at it though :P:)

I do have an odd reaction to the pieces from Fraim, however, and this applies to all the HERO books with his material in - I just can't get past the fact that he illustrated all those old KODT Illustrated comics so his stuff always puts me in a comical frame (Fraim?) of mind :nonp: If it's coloured (like on the cover to several books) it's much better, but in b&w I can't get past KODT:I. :king: