Triggered REC/Healing Follow-up

Dead guy on tab

Question

I saw your response to the Triggered REC question, but it caused me to think up a follow-up question. If you had a triggered healing (set effect to match character's REC) with the trigger set to go off if STUN went below zero, would the character take any of the benefits/penalties for being unconscious (loss of nonpersistent powers, END=0) if the triggered healing put his Stun positive? Would this ruling also apply to avoiding being Stunned (i.e. STUN goes below zero, character would be stunned but is not because he is unconscious)? Thanks for the clarification.

1 answer to this question

Re: Triggered REC/Healing Follow-up

Assuming the GM even allows this sort of power (I doubt I would in most circumstances), if it were to restore the character to consciousness before the end of the Segment he wouldn’t suffer any of the standard effects for being Knocked Out. However, since being Stunned is an instantaneous thing, this sort of power wouldn’t prevent a character from becoming Stunned by an attack even if it effectively negates some or all of the loss of STUN.