Suggestion Box: name our Teen Champions team

AliceTheOwl

Re: Suggestion Box: name our Teen Champions team

Supercool Hero Team Alpha - for that anime vibe.

Team/Squad/Company X - or whatever number is meaningful to them - may use the greek letter eqivalent: Theta Company, Gamma Squad, etc.)

Guardians of All That Breathe, And Some That Don't, Like That Rock Over There, Yeah That One - if they want to make complete fun of their name, and yet take themselves seriously.

The Urban Distaff - going for the outcast feel

The Urban Harriers - which is really what a superteam tends to be - heavily armed and trained urban soldiers

The Wasteland Kings/The Hollow Kings - for that ts elliot feel.

Stormcrow United - a bit more goth, plus the soccer reference.

Sacramento United - if they were put together from several other teen teams.

Troll Kings of Scotland, West Coast Branch - for the indie punk band feel

Mischief, LLC - because Mischief Inc. was already taken.

Urban Architects for the sheer amount of rebuilding they force

House of Cards - another self-effacing name

The All-Jacks - play on the New Zealand All Blacks, combined with the symbolism of the Jack-as-wildcard

Holding Center - A challenge to "Things fall apart; the center cannot hold." yes, in fact it can, and we will; if used as a proper noun (The Holding Center) can also refer to high-school-as-prison.

Alternately, go for a name that has been forced on them via tradition: it probably sounded good back in the day, but has since changed connotations - this is what we did in naming the high school mascot in the Argus High PBeM game. We ended up officially as the Argonauts, with the mascot of a peacock - the compromise ended up being a cartoon peacock in hoplite armor, named Peety. Having a name that sucks may be bad in-character, but usually provides good role-playing opportuinties.

90's - Iron Misfits

80's - New Generation

70's - Youth Force

60's - Freedom Club

50's - Kid Patriots

40's - Junior League of Justice

30's - Phantom Brigade

The Great Booger? Boy I love that name.

I had a young group I called the Nitwitz. I always liked that name.

How about... The Brats, The Delinquents, The Young Paragons, The Heartbreak Kids, The Swiss Vanguards, The Zurich Warriors

I have to admit that I really liked coming up with that idea.

• 1 month later...

Just figured you'd all be interested to know that it came down to a coin-flip, after eliminating the team names that are too specific. (Apparently, this is a name that needed to be passed down to future teams at the Chester School for Teens. Nice of the GM to tell me that ahead of time, huh?)

The result of the coin flip is that the team is now called "Infiniteens." "S.L.A.M." was what we'd be named if the coin had come up heads.

So, congrats, casualplayer, for coming up with the winning entry. :thumbup:

I've already repped you, or I would do so now.

Just figured you'd all be interested to know that it came down to a coin-flip, after eliminating the team names that are too specific. (Apparently, this is a name that needed to be passed down to future teams at the Chester School for Teens. Nice of the GM to tell me that ahead of time, huh?)

The result of the coin flip is that the team is now called "Infiniteens." "S.L.A.M." was what we'd be named if the coin had come up heads.

So, congrats, casualplayer, for coming up with the winning entry. :thumbup:

I've already repped you, or I would do so now.

The warm fuzzy is thanks enough. :D