Suggestion Box: name our Teen Champions team

AliceTheOwl

Four sessions in, our group has no name, and the GM is leaving it up to the players to name the team. I haven't been able to come up with anything that hasn't been hokey or ridiculous, and the other players haven't suggested anything that's been any help, either.

So in our next game session, my character will be assigned the task of naming the group. She's going to be asking the "creative types" (NPCs, all of them) for suggestions, and putting up a suggestion box.

However, as the GM hasn't had any bright ideas, I need a variety of suggestions we can go over during the next game. It'll be brought to a vote; if the PCs can't agree on one they like, it'll ultimately come down to the GM.

The concept of the group is that they're all students in the Chester School for Teens in Sacramento, CA. (Anything marking them as such will be tossed out; they're unaffiliated, as far as the press is concerned.) The school was founded by a Mr. Chester, aka "Zurich," a retired Swiss superhero.

The group is as follows:

Singirl - demon, has energy-projecting powers, has no trouble taking charge, and regularly heckles people she's fighting.

Brick - pretty much what the name says, in the process of building a hovering motorcycle.

Striking Tiger - martial artist with the ability to transform her body. She usually has wings, and sometimes forms claws to make her blows more effective.

Owlet (NPC) - extremely intelligent gadgeteer, somewhat shy.

Athenian (NPC) - claims to get his powers from Ares. Time traveled from ancient Greece.

Candle (NPC) - brash, fire-based energy projector.

Nymph (NPC) - has the power to manipulate emotions based on pheromones.

Cloak (NPC) - can make things invisible, or cover them with a darkness field. Also shy.

Projector (NPC) - can create and manipulate illusions.

Mimic (NPC) - strongest of the group; can imitate powers he's seen others use, and, if he uses them enough, gets to keep the powers.

The Great Booger (NPC) - has a mutation which makes him slimy. Very, very strong.

Noir (NPC) - power source is demonic in origin. Has mostly defensive capabilities (invisibility, desolid), and some energy projection.

So, yeah. Suggestions! Rep for all those who make the final round to get voted on.

Re: Suggestion Box: name our Teen Champions team

what has the team done so far in game?

Saved a bunch of people from a burning building after a meteor hit it, thwarted the Bubba Brothers (bank robbers from the Deep South), beaten Gloriana, beaten Merger (animal-hybrid woman) and Callisto (demon-infused human) and stopped them from robbing more banks and jewelry stores, and done a lot of patrolling to help out civilians. Apparently thwarted dozens of mugging attempts individually.

I'm pretty sure there's a campaign log out there somewhere, but I'm not sure where Josh hid it. It's under "Chester School for Teens," or something. It's not terribly up-to-date, I don't think.

There has, of course, been a lot of training and class attendance in between all the excitement. The PCs tend to grumble and grouse when an emergency call comes through, because they're all having trouble keeping up with their homework. Two of the three PCs have an additional extracurricular activity (Striking Tiger's in a play, Brick plays football), and Singirl has . . . certain needs. In addition, her alter ego prides herself on academic success, and fights to keep a GPA her parents would be proud of.

Since Singirl sounds like the de facto leader' date=' how about The Hellions?[/quote']

Possible, though I'm not sure that would get past Singirl. She's not exactly proud of her demonic heritage, and thinks all these people are crazy for so readily trusting her. Though she is trustworthy and responsible from being raised human, she frets over the power getting to her head when she's stronger, and is well aware that her strength comes from preying on others. While she tends to prey on bad people (and doesn't leave any permanent scars from it), she can't help that she has a permanent, low-level drain going on, and worries what might happen if her access to people who deserve to be drained is cut off.

New Vision (As they are younger heroes that seem to fight older concepts, Deep South Rednecks, Demons.)

Star Born (The first trial listed was the meteor and even though it's not a star has a celestial kind of connection. Also, Singirl...)

Bright Stars (Teens) (See above)

The Gathered, The Collective and The New Class (For their collection of very different backgrounds)

Cestus.

This is a variation on CST (Chester School for Teens) without being overly obvious.

The dictionary definition includes:

1. A covering for the hand made of leather straps weighted with iron or lead and worn by boxers in ancient Rome.

2. Classical Mythology. the girdle of Venus, decorated with every object that could arouse amorous desire.

The first part would sound cool to the guys ("hey, we're brass knuckles!") and the second part might appeal to Singirl.

The Great Booger? Boy I love that name.

He wanted to be called "The Great Ooze," but it never stuck. Instead, Candle's teasing did, and now nobody will call him anything else.

If he had a bit more of an agreeable personality, people might stick up for him, but, since he's a bit of a jerk, people don't mind taking him down a peg or three.

Interestingly, I've played in a Delta Force team before. I forget why we called it that; I think it just sounded cool. Even more interestingly, this Delta Force, located in Millenium City, exists in the continuity we're playing in. Mimic has a bit of a crush on one of its members.

Someone has to have suggested The Gnomes of Zurich! :D

Infiniteens!

Scooby Gang

Royalteens (wear purple and gold and riff off the Sacramento Kings NBA franchise)

Watt Avenue Irregulars

Golden State Warriors (very easy to be turned against you as an insult though)

North Highlanders (those who get it will be very afraid)

River Rats

Outlaws