Disabling Attack questions

Dead guy on tab

Question

Steve,

Here are a couple of follow-up questions on martial art attacks with the disable elements. I took my information from the element description of disable in the ultimate martial artist. In the element description, it provides the example of "Bull" Robinson using a knee-breaking kick (Killing attack with a disable element). His attack does 6 Body to the victim's right leg. The victim has 10 Body so the attack would normally be considered impairing. However, since he used the martial attack with a disable element. The attack is considered to do 12 Body for disabling purposes; so the victim takes 3 BODY (1/2*6) and his leg is disabled since 12 BODY>10 BODY.

Here are my questions:

1) If the victim had 2 rPD, would the attack be impairing or disabling? i.e. is the body for disabling calculated as (6-2)*2=8 = impairing or 6*2-2=10=impairing?

2) If you have an attack which is defined as attacking joints for breaking purposes (i.e. hits arms, hands, legs, and feet), but you do not roll for hit location. Does the damage get reduced by the multiplier for said special effect regions? i.e. I am playing a superhero who has a joint break manuever, we don't use hit locations. The special effect of my attack is that I break the arms and leg joints of my victims. I roll 6 BODY 18 STUN on a victim without any rPD. Does he take 6 BODY or 3 BODY with his broken leg?

Thanks

1 answer to this question