Bizarre gadgets

rdalton

I have a mad scientist hero who finally got a flying machine. He's never been able to justify one but we had an adventure in another dimension that specialized in gravitational/dimentional powers instead of electricity.

Basically, he has a box on his chest that contains a small directional black hole. When he want to fly, he lets it out a couple feet in front of him and he 'falls' into it. Because of the random nature of a black hole, he can't hover or percisely control his velocity.

So far, the unstable speed has caused him enter a building at 13" (i rolled a 4 and a 3 on my 2 rolls to slow down) and I tried to break through a window at 1" of velocity (dink.....dink.....dink.....*sigh* can someone let me in?)

Black Hole Flyer: Flight 21" (42 Active Points);

Fuel Dependent (fuel is Uncommon; must refuel Once per 6 Hours; -1 1/2),

OAF (-1),

Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2),

Impercise Controls - Must Accelerate or Decelerate each phase based on 2d6 Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2),

Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4), Limited Power

Power Cannot Be Pushed (-1/4)

I just think it's a cool visual.

Anyone else have any devices they think are cool?

Re: Bizarre gadgets

I had a PC whose gadgets worked because he believed they would. He has, among other things, Atomic Gauntlets(which whine like a Proton Accelerator when turned on) which are normally used to punch, but can fire off a Critical Mass Blast, which is Increased By Range(gains power as it travels further and the energy intensifies).

He also dislikes killing attacks, and carries a Nerf Gun, which turns guns and knives and the like into Nerf weapons.

He has oversized Jump Boots, which enable him to both superleap and time travel, and he can even kick someone "into the middle of next week".;)

The only other funny thing I can think of that he had was his High Powered Flashlight, which was basically a cone flash attack.