TerranEmpire Space Battle Tracker

ghost-angel

For use with the Terran Empire, a spreadsheet to track damage to ships during combat.

The TE uses a five tiered defense system, two of those levels are Ablative. To boot a good number of the weapons mounted are Armor Piercing, some ships have a Hardened layer, and all kinds of other fun tricks with Math.

All of that can really slow down combat as you calculate just how much damage got through where.

The spreadsheet does the following:

Tracks Current Body

Current Ablative Defensive levels (though not displayed; And for purposes of simplicity 5 Active Points of Outer Force Fields is 3DEF and for Ablative Armor Plating is 2DEF - these are rounded numbers as 5AP is not a nice whole number)

Allows for both Armor Piercing and NonArmorPiercing hits (after Hardened, if any)

Penetrating Damage should you introduce that Advantage

Damage Reduction should you introduce that

BODYx for use with Hit Locations

There are four ships on the spreadsheet. To get more open a new spreadsheet or copy into a new Tab in Excel (see notes below)

On the spreadsheet all the Grey Fields are ones you need enter information on, it does the rest. I tried to include short but followable instructions on the spreadsheet, if anything is confusing just let me know.

NOTE: The references to the Starting Values on the spreadsheet are Hard References - meaning if you copy/paste the Formula it does not move the referenced cell relatively. If you aren't familiar with Excel and Cell References I suggest simply copying the whole spreadsheet into a new workbook or new tab; if you are then I leave it to you. This only applies to Starting Values, all other references are relative.

Link: Terran Empire Battle Damage Tracker V2 - See POST #4 for features.

It should work in Open Office with no problems. Happy Dogfighting.

Re: TerranEmpire Space Battle Tracker

Many things updated .... V2 so soon because I realized I had some broken concepts.

Now you can enter Hardened Defenses seperately, and each attack can be calculated as Armor Piercing or Non Armor Piercing. Multiple Levels get overly complicated... I'd avoid them.

More cells are Hard Referenced so the spreadsheet now contains Multiple Tabs, five ships. To create more simply duplicate the tab or open another workbook.

Link on the top post has been updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: TerranEmpire Space Battle Tracker

Poking around on my lunch break I found some serious errors, some of which pop up in only certain conditions.

So I redid the formulas adding better error checking and new features.

V3:

-Tracks Current BODY

-Accounts for Damage Reduction

-Accounts for Hardened & Armor Piercing (it's designed for 0-1 levels of each, It can handle more, but gets funky, I can explain to any who need it)

-Accounts for Penetrating Damage (tracked per shot fired)

-Ablative Damage can deduct the standard 5AP, or nothing, or any DEF value you choose. Activation Ablative you're on you're own for.

-Can take BODYx for games using Hit Locations

-Now any value you don't use can have the cell left Blank

-Has 10 Sheets with 1 Ship each. tracking up to 50 hits per ship.

-Has space for all 5 Levels of Terran Empire Setting Defenses (Ablative FF, FF, Ablative Armor, Hull Plating, and Bulkheads).

Just fill out any cell that's Grey and you're good to go. Can be used to easily track combat or just check to see how much abuse your ships can take.

Link in first post updated to new spreadsheet.