Still Bat-ty

Mark Rand

Re: Still Bat-ty

Since this is a variant of the DC Comics Universe, I'm changing the rogues gallery. Joker, Penguin, and Riddler aren't changing. There's a different Catwoman. However, she's still a cat burglar.

More to come.

I stop reading Batman titles for a while, then I discover that a lot of stuff has happened that I don't know about. Apparently, a number of DC villains have either been sent to a prison planet or murdered. Fortunately, their places have been taken.

Of the well-known ones, only Penguin and Riddler, along with his henchwomen, Echo & Query, are left.

Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Ventriloquist are all new versions of the old ones, and the Jokers appear to be new versions of Joker and Harley Quinn. The new Catwoman has her own thread. Some of the others may get them, too.

In this campaign, James Marshall was elected President of the United States in 2004. He will be reelected in 2008. According to the press, he smokes a pipe, watches amateur hockey games, and walks with a cane because he was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis while he was governor of Maryland.

His wife, Grace, is a respected eye surgeon and assistant professor in the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Currently, she travels there by military helicopter.

Their 12-year old daughter, Alice, is the only child living with them. Their eldest, Zoe, joined the Ross Brothers Circus as a showgirl after her father was elected President. Jim told the Secret Service to protect her without causing the circus any grief.

Kathryn Bennett is the Vice President and the former junior senator from New Jersey. She has one daughter, who lives with her parents and attends high school in Gotham City.

Needs more cowbell. I think you should consider running this on one of the conveniently provided HERO online systems that someone with more savvy than me can explain. Also, as I said before, it's great to have the base worked out, but games are run on plotlines. So once you have all this stuff, what are the PCs going to be doing?