Questions about claws/teeth and martial arts

Demonsong

Questions about claws/teeth and martial arts.

I am building an alien race, large predators. They have lots of natural body weaponry. Large retractable claws on their hands and feet, over sized teeth, and a sturdy tail with bony spikes on it. So if I build all their natural weapons as one HKA, should I add +1/4 Indirect advantage to simulate the 6 (hands 2, feet 2, tail 1, teeth 1) possible locations the attacks can come from?

Like this:

Natural retractable Claws, Teeth and Tail Spikes: 1D6 HKA; +1/2 END = 0; +1/4 Indirect; Total Cost: 26pts

Assuming the above is correct, it is important to know that these aliens have elevated personal combat to an art form. A brutal and deadly art form. Specifically a custom Martial Arts form. Would I have to take Weapons Element for each Claws, Teeth and Tail costing 3 points or can just 1 point for 1 weapon element for the whole power?

4-Charge

4-Martal Strike

5-Offincive Strike

3-Leg Sweep

4-Martial Dodge

4-Martial Block

1Weapons Element: Claws, Teeth and Tail

Thanks.....

There's several questions wrapped up here. Remember, YMMV.

1) Should I buy Indirect? It depends on the campaign, probably so, since a common tactic would be to grab the alien. This won't work very well, since you have to avoid all six places. Humans have the ability to punch, kick, head-butt, but most of these can be stop or lessened with a normal grab. Even LazerVisionBoy can be easily be directed by grabbing his head and pointing it over there.

In campaigns where the typical tactic is to use heavy machine gun fire (or other range attacks), then it's not an issue to buy Indirect. :)

2) One or three Weapon Elements? Each weapon element should represent a different tradeoff in OCV, DCV, reach, and damage. I would argue for the one.

"Game over, man! Game over!" - Aliens

I would think that claws, teeth and tail would just be the default element for this MA, and thereofre wouldn't cost any points. These are their natural weapons after all, and I'd assume the MA was designed around using them. If you wanted to add weapons, or maybe just punching without the claws as additional elements, I think that'd make sense to charge for them.