Value of a Disadvantage?

Kenn

A character is defined as "big and well-muscled" and wants to take the tendancy to be perceived as the most significant threat and attacked first as a disadvantage.

What type of disadvantage would you say that is, and how much would it be worth?

It strikes me as a "Distictive feature", concealable, and that kind of reaction tends to be pretty severe, but not all the time.

Any other thoughts?

Re: Value of a Disadvantage?

Depends; some people don't perceive it as a disad; it's intentional in some builds to draw attention to yourself. Especially since in many cases the role of the party brick is to take as much punishment as possible so that other people don't. While I'd certainly give Dist. Features (a tangible threat), concealable, causes reaction (in most cases, fear) I don't know I'd give a disad beyond that.

Re: Value of a Disadvantage?

I dunno bro...

I think if you are going to have it where the character is *always* the first targeted... I think perhpas an Extreme reaction wouldn't be out of line.

We had a player with a character concept like this.

He became disenchanted with the character after a few battles because he was tired of always getting stunned or taken out first in the fight. The super villains would percieve him and recognize the threat he was and salvo him silly.

It depends on what the bricks defenses are vs the attacks he is facing.

If he has uber defenses and can stand there and shrug off most attacks, then I'd say it wouldn't be worth as much and no Extreme reaction.

If there is really danger that he may became the sacraficial lamb at every fight, then heck ya... compensate that dude for the beatdowns that are gonna follow! :ugly:

(Make sure the player *realizes* the rammifications of this disad!)