FH - Thanks for listening!

GreyGuardian

I've only had a little time to skim bits of Fantasy Hero. So far what I have seen I have liked. In particular the little fiddely bits I and other folks asked for on these boards are definetly in there. The weapons table (at a glance) is much closer to the one in the previous edition than the generic rules in FRED.

The mass of things is there to be taken into account for encumbrance! Huzzah!

There are discussions on tweaking leathality, armor encumbrance etc that are excellent. I didn't see much in there about mounted combat but the section referenced in FRED really is pretty good.

The magic section is a great sampling. I can see where alternate flavored magic systems will be popping up in DH. which I eventually will subscribe to.

The concentration on effects with a rules explanation makes the spells etc flow much better than in previous editions. (Probably why I liked the USPD (which I expected to think was useless).

I am sure there is more you can find that made it into the book that was discussed on these boards.

Anyway, Thanks for listening and working so hard (and so well) Steve. Really good work!

Thanks, Steve.

Have been too busy reading, posting questions and such to say it, but thanks for a very well thought out, well put together book. It's obvious alot of thought and effort went into it, and the result is greatly superior to everything else I have seen in the arena.

- Ernie